Chapter 16 - An old witch tale

It's been about seven years now and I've finally finished my training, the only difference is I still look sixteen, dad said it was because when you get your powers the ageing process stops so I'm practically immortal now.

When I'm not hanging around with Andrew or talking to my dad I usually just wonder the forests think of what I would do if there was a way to go back to the mortal realm.

I wish I could go back there and just have a normal life, the bushes behind me sounded putting me on high alert.

"Your Cathy aren't you?" A field voice said.

"Who and where are you?" A girl young emerged from behind a tree looking scared and confused.

"Please, you have to help me, the old lady said you could" the girl pleaded.

This field not a werewolf or a vampire, so what is she?

"What are you?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She looked even more confused then before.

"I mean are you a siren or something?"

"No, I-I'm human, please I just want to go home" she started to cry, she looked no older than seventeen.

"Can you take me to the old lady you were talking to before, the one who said I could help you" she nodded and headed back into the bushes.

----------------------------------------------------------

The girl led me to a large willow tree that stood by a small lake, as usual there was no life area except that one tree.

"This way" the girl hurried towards the tree.

"Hey, wait" I called out to her but kept running faster and faster the closer she got to the tree.

Once I was about to catch up to her she disappeared into the tree, I stopped instantly and then slowly got closer until I was arms length with the trunk.

"CATHY NO! GET AWAY FROM THERE!" Screamed a familiar voice, but as I went to turn around a hand came out of the tree and the next thing I knew I was somewhere else.

I was in what looked to be a small at the same time large cave mixed with a log cabin, there were pentacles, pentagrams, Anka's, hexagrams, triple moons and triquetras carved into every wall with such detail.

On the right stood two large cabinets made of a dark spruce wood with triquetras carved into the tops of them and glass doors, in them were hundreds of potions, crystals and charms, There was also a small table with a mortar and pastel, rose-gold candle holders and two knives that over the years I have learned are called artavus.

On the left was a portal looking thing kind of like the one in Lived park only smaller and this one was covered in charms from the ground up, it was a cute little place I have to admit but something about it made me feel uncomfortable at the same time the opposite.

A small old woman stood at the for end of the room with her back turned and mumbling to herself.

"Mala bonum, I found her, she's here" the girl said to the old lady who them turned around to face her.

"Please dear I told you to call me Mala" she smiled at the lost girl and turned to me.

"Hi" I said a little on edge.

"It's alright dear, i'm not going to hurt you, come and take a seat" she gestured to the three chairs and round table by a fire, I sat down beside the girl.

"So um..." I tried to tell the Mala that the girl said I could get her back to the mortal realm but I couldn't really do that without her name.

"I know why your here, I ask Stella to bring you here so she could get home" Mala piped up and smiled at me.