Chapter 4 - I can have a party?

After I got changed into my black lace night gown my step-mother cautiously walked around my room so she was always never less than a few feet away.

"Yes?" I asked in a calm and sort of tired tone.

"Your father, Jake and I thought you might want a party for your birthday" she said feeling small and her eyes never meeting mine.

"Ye, thanks I'll make sure to tell my friends"

"Okay, what time is it going to start and Finnish? " she asked.

"Um...maybe start around 7 or 8 and finish at 12"

"And who's going?"

"Just my friends, Phibie, Jade, Luca, Jackie, Abbie and... that's it" I didn't even want to say his name.

"What about that new guy you've been hanging around lately? You know what's his name?... Andrew?"

"No, no he's not invited and please never mention his name again" I didn't want to talk about what happened and I think my step-mother got the idea I wanted to be alone because she left my room. Maybe I should go with him to wherever my father, this so called king is? What if it's a trick? All I know is that there new here and I somehow magically get these abilities from out of nowhere, what's happening to me? Why now and why does my so called father want me now, why not a life time ago? I became so deep in thought I didn't realize Jake had come into my room with something hidden behind his back, but whatever it was I knew this would be a failed attempt to hurt me.

"What do you want Jake?" I asked.

"I wanted to give you a birthday present, seen as your birthday is on Saturday" he gave me a fake smile and I frowned trying to figure out what it was behind his back, all I could see was a slight square end to it that was black.

"What is it?" I asked cautiously moving away from him on the bed. He pulled it out from behind him and lowered it to his side, my eyes went huge with fear, it was a gun is he seriously going to shoot me? I thought.

I put my hands in front of me to try and stop him from coming any closer "Jake, put the gun down and let's talk" I said quietly, to scared to even move.

"I should have known when my parents adopted you, you weren't human, but I kept that to myself an otherwise people would think I was crazy but now I know I'm not" he explained.

"That doesn't mean you have to kill me" I said softly.

"See that's what you don't get, I looked your powers up and I thought you were an angel at first but turns out your actually a fucking demon sent from hell to give people like me a shitty time in life" he raised the gun and continued "and the only way to get rid of them is a bullet to the heart" black smoke appeared next to Jake and two unholy noises filled the room the first was a gun shot and the second was a snapping sound. I watched as Jake's lifeless body fell to the ground with Daniel standing next to him staring at me with a smile.

"You know the one most important thing that human articles on demons don't have are the kind of bullets you have to use to kill one of us" he gave me a warm smile and then pointed to his chest where is heart is "you got a little something" I looked down and saw the bullet that Jake had fired into my chest with very little blood strange, i should be dead I thought and it was like Daniel read my mind and answer that thought for me.

"You're not dead because one you already died when you were born and second is because of your father" he explained.

"Can you read minds or something?" I asked smiling back at him. He must have thought that was an invite to sit next to me on the bed because that's exactly what he did.