Chapter 6 - Mated to an alpha

I had flown for what seemed like hours and landed in the bushes next to a completely different open area with a large house/mansion in the middle of it.

there were children running all around the area playing many different games, there were also parents and teens walking along the grass, that was until one of the guy sitting down on the grass with a kid next to him smelt the air, or at least I think he did. He had short blonde hair that brushed to his right and ice blue eyes that looked almost white.

He stood up along with the child next to him and scanned the area, I quickly hid behind a tree but I think he already saw me, when I looked back he had bent down to the child's height and whispered something in his ear, then the child ran towards a group of parents who were walking past and one of the women bent down to him height so he could whisper something in her ear, soon everyone was in the house except that guy and two others standing next to him.

The one to his left had ginger colored hair and amber eye's and the one on the right had white hair and dark brown eyes that looked almost black, they stood a few feet away from me just staring off into space with the same silver mist in their eyes as Andrew and Daniel when they were mind chatting. By now my wing's had disappeared and I was still hiding behind the tree, they finally came out of their trance's but only blue eye's steps closer to where I was hiding, and yes I'm calling him 'blue eyes' not because I want to but because I don't know him name, all I know is I have a pull towards him and I can't figure out why.

I was so deep in thought I didn't notice that all three of them were standing behind me, the ginger haired one on my left and the white haired on my right, but it was blue eye's who I was staring at and somehow became lost in his eye's, there was silence before he finally spoke.

"Mate" blue eye's said with a dominant voice, I gave him a confused expressing which made the other two unfold their arms and slightly spread their legs as if their waiting for me to make a run for it, but I stayed completely still and confused, what was going on and what's a mate? I asked myself.

Blue eye's took a step closer and I took a step back, he stopped and stared at me a while then spoke again.

"It's okay there's no need to be afraid"

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice sounding very small.

"My name is Derek this is Scott" he pointed to the guy with ginger hair and then to the white haired guy "and Jace" I stared at them for a while and the spoke.

"I'm Catherine and I know this is going to sound strange but... are you from the supernatural world?" what was I doing asking a question like that, I'm such an idiot. They looked at each other before bringing their gazes back to me, I had my arms up against my chest in a position to throw them against the trees with my demonic powers if I had too.

"we're werewolves" Jace said. Wait does that mean I'm in a werewolves territory?

"I am the third in command Jace is the beta of our pack and Derek is our alpha" Scott explained, but there was still something bothering me.

"okay, and what a mate?" seriously, I may be a part of the supernatural world but a barely know the first thing about any of it.

"A mate is like your soulmate, your one true love, the person your destined to be with for the rest of your lives that's why you feel a pull towards me like I feel towards you" Derek explained and I made an 'o' shape with my mouth, so I'm Derek's mate? he stepped towards me and this time I didn't move back I just stayed were I was until his hand met my shoulder, sparks flew straight through my arm and the rest of my body causing me to flinch away from it, I regretted doing that a few seconds after but stopped when I saw Derek's face, he was smirking at my reaction.