Chapter 10 - Meeting the devil

I was back in that room with Andrew sitting on the chair beside me.

I haven't moved since a week ago when Derek and Phoebe managed to escape leaving me behind. they had no choice because it was either that or staying to fight our way out and most likely have them killed and I wasn't going to let that happen.

I've tried teleporting out of this place a lot but no matter how many times I try I never get any further then outside the door of the room they put me in, and even with that there are always guards outside the door to stop me from leaving. Maybe the L'trie family life wasn't so bad after all... Na who am I kidding I think I rather stay in this room my whole life then go back to them, I thought, shivering in disgust.

The door opened and a man with dark brown hair and light gray eyes stepped in with a tray of food, Andrew stood up and took the tray from the guy before sending him on his way, once the door closed Andrew made his way over to the bed where I was and placed the tray on the desks next to me then sat down.

he sighed "you have to eat something Cathy, you can't keep doing this to yourself" I've been giving him the silent treatment for a while now because every time I asked him for some privacy he would just ignore me and that really got on my nerves.

"Will you at least talk to me?" he asked pouting.

I crossed my arms and turned my head away from him, if this is what it takes to get him to leave me alone then that's fine by me. He sighed in defeat and went back to his corner of the room.

A few hours later there was a knock on the door then a woman walked in, Andrew shot straight up out of his seat and gave a slight bow. Who is she? the question past my mind.

'Finally she speaks' Andrew mind linked but before I had time to reply the woman cut in.

"He's here" was all she said before leaving the room and heading down the hallway. My eyes followed her out the door and then turned to Andrew who was waiting for me by the door.

"What?" I asked.

"Come on" he ushered me to follow but I didn't move from my spot.

"No, not until you tell me what's going on and who that was" I pointed to the oped door that the woman walked through just a moment ago.

"That was Riley an adviser in the shadow realm... look I haven't got time to explain the wrest to you but I know some one who will tell you everything you want to know if you just get your butt off that bed and follow me" he explained.

I sighed in defeat and got up off the bed then headed to the door. Andrew grabbed a hold of my left arm and pulled me down the corridor at top speed and before I could ask where we were going we arrived at two large dark spruce wood doors, this time they were way bigger then the doors to the cellar.

Slowly they opened and Andrew stepped in with me by his side. The room was huge and appeared to be a ballroom, flaming torches on each wall and a large red and black carpet that went from one corner of the room the other. Then there were the banners on the walls in every color with different patterns on each of them, apart from that there was nothing else in here.

Andrew let go of my arm and left the ballroom in a hurry, with a thud the doors behind me shut and I was now left alone in the large ballroom with nothing but silence to keep me company. A little while later the two wooden doors opened again and a tall man with short raven black hair and fire red eyes walked in. He was wearing a white dress shirt and regular dark grey business trousers with a pair of black army boots.

I stood in the middle of the room confused and slightly scared of the man who stood in front of me. I quickly stone faced my expressions when I noticed he took a step closer so I took a step back. He continued to come closer until I was almost up against one of the walls, frantically looking for a way out I noticed large wooden beams high above the room. I spread my large raven black wings out and in one flap I was on top of one of the wooden beams.

I stayed crouched on the beam waiting for the man to leave but all he did was stand in the same spot staring up at me with a smirk on his face.

"Who are you?" I finally got out, there was silence for a while the he finally answered.

"What, you don't recognize your own father? Then again you were to little too" I stilled at his answer almost falling off the beam. 'I am so confused right now' I thought to myself.

When I came out of that thought to check if the so called king was still there you could guess what my surprise came to when he wasn't there. "Shit!" I whispered before standing up and turning around. He was standing right by my side making me yelp in surprise and fall from the beam, I waited from the pain to come but it never did, I must have closed my eye without realizing and when I opened them I knew why there was no pain. The man had caught me before I hit the ground and then set me on my feet a few seconds after.

I was still a little stunned for a while but quickly got over it when I realized he was talking.

"You look just like your mother" he said with a smile.

"Who's my mother?" I questioned what what I really meant to ask was who the fuck would want to be with you?

"Her name was Maria and she was an angel from the light realm but died a few years ago when you were two that's when you were sent to the mortal realm" he explained with a sad smile. I took a step back still not sure if I could trust him or not and manged to keep my distance as we talked.

"So why am I here now, why couldn't I stay?"

"Because there was a war against us and the rouge creature's, some how they managed to get into the palace and you were almost killed, if it wasn't for your mother and Andrew, he was the one who took you to the mortal realm in the first place, you would have died if you stayed here and I wasn't going to let that happen and let them win" he didn't have much of an accent as he spoke but I could tell there was pain in his voice.

"That still doesn't explain why I'm here now"

He took a deep breath "because your powers are evolving faster then I thought also if the mortals were to ever find out you were inhuman who knows what they would have done to you" he sighed then continued "before your mother died she made me promise that I would bring you back home where you belong so when your powers did eventually bloom you wouldn't feel so afraid or alone thinking you were the only one with such gifts" he explained.

I looked to the ground getting lost in thought is this true? Did Andrew really take me to the mortal realm when I was younger? How did my mother die? I was pulled out of my thought's when he started to speak again.

"I know you have many questions and I will answer them all in time but for now I think you should wrest" he turned and headed towards the doors.

"Wait!" I called out and he stopped in his tracks to face me.

"Yes?" He asked.

"How... how did she die?" I managed to say.

"It was a silver dagger that killer your mother" he said in pain right before leaving me in the room alone.