Chapter 7 - They found me!

(A month later)
I woke up in Derek's room wondering where I was for a second before I realized and set up right on the bed.

"Morning" Derek smiled as he walked out of the bathroom and over to me.

"Morning" I smiled back and got off the bed.
----------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast, I went outside to the back of the house and sat on the porch stairs. I felt relaxed, something I haven't been able to feel in years, what with all my step-family and stuff, but now I just feel at peace.

Birds flew out from the trees as they rang their morning songs. I looked up to get and identify what kind of birds that were when I saw something much bigger fly over me, was that? No it can't be. I reassured myself and want back inside.

I bumped into someone in my way back to the kitchen. She had bright red hair and blue eyes and looked so familiar for a second, but then I realized who she was.

"Cathy? What are you doing here?" Jackie asked in a whisper.

"Me? What are you?" I retorted.

"This is my pack, I live here" she said in a duh time.

"Well apparently I'm Derek's mate" she looked shocked for a while, then smiled hugely at me and hugged me so tight I couldn't breath.

"Too... tight" she let me go and took a deep breath of air.

"Sorry" she laughed "it's just I never thought you'd be my luna" she squealed, and three more familiar faces came into the living room.

"Guys Cathy's our luna" Jackie said happily, I kinda guessed that Luca, Jackie, Abbie and Lauren would be in the same pack, but wait!

"Where's Phoebe?" I asked and they all paused.

"Right here" her voice came from behind me but when I saw her she had completely blue eyes, no white at all just a rather pretty shade of dark ocean blue, now I know why the others froze.

I stared wide eyed at her, what is she? She laughed "I'm a witch" Phoebe answered yet another one of my unasked questions.

"How come we couldn't smell your scent?" Lauren asked.

"Because I used my magic to hide it" she replied with a smile.

"Well what are you doing here?" Luca asked crossing his arms.

"I'm your new pack healer" the smile started to turn into a frown as she continued "what are you Cathy? Your magic feels a lot more powerful then I've ever felt before, and what are you doing here?" She fired question after question at me.

"Uh,first of all I have one idea what I am second, I'm here because Derek is my mate"

"Your alpha Derek's mate?" She questioned and I nodded "wow your going to make a great luna" she pulled me into a hug.

"There you are baby" I heard Derek's voice from behind Phoebe, she let me out of the hug and I went straight to his side.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why didn't you tell me your birthday was yesterday?" Derek made a sad face.

"You didn't ask" I replied.

We were sitting on the roof of the 'pack house' as Abbie calls it, and watching over the whole territory.

Derek sighed "Well at least you turned 18 otherwise we would proverbially not been mated to each other" he smiled, I frowned.

"Derek, I turned 16 not 18" he stared at be with a weird expression and I just became confused, how come I found my mate before I turned 18?

"It's rare but it happens you know" oops, add that to the list of questions asked through my mind, he put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closed to him, all kinds of birds flew high over us. Crows, swallows, sparrows and more, but only one caught my eye, I couldn't tell what kind of birds it was because it flew too high for me to see but I could tell its wing span was huge and it was black, it disappeared behind the tree line after a while and we continued to just sit there.

'Is it her?' A voice passed through my head, it kind of sounded like Daniel.

'Yeah it is, I'm going to see if I can find a good vantage point to swoop down and get her' that was definitely Andrew, had they just found me? I looked back over the tree line, there was still nothing but it didn't matter we needed to get inside quick. I got up and started making my way across the roof when I heard Derek yell something, within a split second the wind was knocked out of me and I was flying above the territory, I looked up to see Andrew.

That's it now I'm pissed, I spun my body as fast as I could so Andrew would have not choice but to let me go, soon enough he did and I was falling fast. I thought of my wings and they appeared in flames, I pulled up just at the last second and flew straight to the pack house, I was so close when I was knocked into the ground by Daniel.

"Sorry Cathy but we're under strict orders remember" Daniel tied my hands behind my back and pulled me up off the ground, a cloth was wrapped around my mouth, I struggled to get out of Daniels grip on my arm.

"Let go of my mate!" Derek pounded Daniel into a tree knocking him out cold, I stood there a little shocked until a felt Derek undoing the cloth around my mouth and relaxed.

"It's okay, you're safe now" Derek said in a soft voice as he pulled me into a hug, my arms still tied behind my back but I didn't care , he we so comforting and yet I had known him for less than a week, how was that possible?

'CRACK!' a large deafening cracking sound was the last thing I heard before I fell to the ground knocked unconscious.