Chapter 11 - Race

I woke up in the same room I've been in for a while now and I'm still thinking about the little talk I had with the devil, I don't know weather to believe any of this or not, its just came into my life so fast like I'm in a dream of some sort.

There was a knock on the door and I quickly sat up just as Andrew stepped in to the room.

"It's time to go" he stood by the door waiting for me. Go? Go where?

"To the palace in the shadow realm" he answered.

"I thought we were already in the shadow realm" I questioned.

"No, this is a witches cavern, they let use use it temporarily until we took you back to the realm" he explained.

"Oh" Shame, there was so much to explore here but wait does that mean...

"Andrew?"

"Yes?"

"Is it true... once I go through the portal.... I-I can't come back?" I stuttered.

He gave me a sad smile then looked to the ground. A weird feeling trailed down my cheek and I realized it was another strange tear. I reached my hand up and gently touched the part of my cheek where the tear had fallen, but once I saw what the tear was really made of more came. I guess tears of blood were going to be a normal thing from now on.

There was a sudden dip in the bed and a realized Andrew had come to sit by my side.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't cry over a thing like this" he said wiping away some of the blood staining tears from my cheeks. After that I ignored the fact I was crying blood and remembered my mate.

"What about Derek?" I asked.

"He's an alpha, he has to stay here" was all he said before lifting me off the bed and onto my feet. we left the room and headed down the right corridor to a regular sized Iron door like the ones in the cell's. I didn't have time to change, then again there was nothing to change into, hopefully there would be once we got to this so called palace.

The door opened on it's own and Andrew went first then I did and then the two guards I didn't even know were following us. Once on the other side the place changed completely from dark corridors and torches to a modern kind of look, the corridor was completely white. The floor was marble and there were chandeliers most likely made out of real gold and diamond or crystal. We walked down the white corridors for a while then made it to another door dam this place is a maze just like the coven I thought to myself. A slight chuckle came from Andrew and it was most likely for reading my mind again stop it I thought knowing he would hear me.

"Stop what, your the one projecting your thoughts into my head not the other way around"

"I really need to learn how to control this stuff" I mumbled.

"Don't worry you'll have a trainer for that and for your other gifts"

"What, you got super hearing now?" I said sarcastically.

"No" he laughed.

For some reason I felt a stronger then before as if I had just gained more power, that or I was about to have some sort of power strike. I felt like a child when they had to much sugar, this wasn't going to end well. When I was younger I was terrible when it came to sugar rushes and now I'm about to have a power rush. A small childish laugh came out of me and instantly I pushed past Andrew laughing and running until everything around me was a blur then there was a strange neon purple electric light in front of me, I went through it and ended up in a different part of the maze but continued to run and laugh. The light kept coming until I stopped right behind Andrew and the guards and got a very childish prank stuck in my head.

I lifted both my arms and imagined I was giving then a wedgie and that's exactly when happened, they gave small screams but they were still loud enough for Andrew to hear and turn around. I smiled and dropped the guards to the floor then ran into the wall were the purple light was and once again was behind Andrew but had to act fast before he turned around again. Another laugh came and instantly made Andrew turn but I was gone in a flash before he could even make a move.

"You can't catch me" I said playfully mocking him from the other end of the corridor but all that did was put another one of those evil smirks on his face as he used super speed to try and catch me. All I saw was Andrew running towards me and then the purple light and I was down the other end of the corridor were Andrew once was and now chasing me down the corridors at super speed until I made it to a white wooden door and ran through it. On the other side was a large open garden with a very high wire above it so high you couldn't see from the ground with human vision. My wings opened and I was as high as the wire fast then you could say 'holy shit' but I wasn't the only one in the sky. Andrew was hot on my trail with that smirk still on his face right up until the moment I decided to plummet into the tree's bellow, that's when I saw that smirk disappear and be replaced with a stone cold expressionless face. That's when I pulled up at the last second and swooped through the trees. I was still learning how to land but at least this time I didn't go face first in to the ground instead I landed on my butt, I got up and hid behind a tree trying to keep as quiet as I could.

Andrew came down and stopped near to where I landed and just stared off into space, that's when I took the opportunity to listen in on the mind link.

'Andrew where are you, the king is about to be hear and I'm pretty sure he would like to speak to his daughter' a familiar voice said.

'Well excuse me, your not the one having to chase down Cathy' Andrew replied.

'Is she refusing to go with you?'

'No I think she might just be on a power rush from not using her powers for a while'

'Well do you need help, I hear she beat you into the walls of the coven when that witch and werewolf escaped" the voice chuckled.

'No, and for your information I let her win'

'Sure you did, don't worry Andy I won't tell anyone"

The mind link was over and couldn't help but laugh at Andrew trying to protect his man pride.

"Boo!" A scream was let out and then soon replaced with laughter when Andrew started to tickle my ribs.

"S-Stop" I said through bursts of laughter, he stopped and I finally caught my breath.

"Come on, there waiting for us by your new bedroom" he smiled bringing out his wings. I did the same but was up fast then him in a flash.

"Race you!" I said with a grin, he laughed.

"You wont even know where your going" I red his mind and found the mind map of the path to take to my new bedroom.

"I do now" I said smugly.

"Why you little-" he was cut short when the sound my wings drowned him out and I was heading towards the maze of a palace and through the door.

We both ran down the hallways with supernatural speed until we were close to the door Daniel and another guard were waiting.

I stopped at the top of the hallway as Andrew ran past. He was about 2 seconds away from winning when I decided to teleport right next to the door.

"I win" I could see Daniel in the corner of my eye trying not to laugh as Andrew tried to catch his breath.

"That not fair you cheated" he said pouting.

I gasped making a hurt expression "I didn't cheat I got here first" Daniel burst out laughing as Andrew grumbled and muttered something under his breath.