Chapter 5 - The realm

We had breakfast in a nearby cafe, when my phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey it's Jade, where are you?"

"I'm at a cafe called Little big mama's why?"

"Really because we're about to walk in" just as she said it I saw her, Luca, Phoebe, Jackie and Abbie walk through the front doors.

I hung up the phone and went to get up when I was pulled back down into my seat "where do you think your going?" Daniel asked.

"To meet my friends" I said in a duh tone and pointed to them by the door, they both looked up at them, I heard Andrew mumble something under his breath.

"Is she one of your friends?" Andrew asked while pointing to Jade, I nodded.

"Why?" I questioned.

"You get Catherine out of here, I'll try and distract her" Daniel got up and walked over to Jade and the others acting like a complete idiot, I mean seriously, he put his hands in the air and said in the worst macho Spanish accent I've ever heard "hey, hey me amigo's wass up" I laughed at Luca's instant reaction to Daniel's stupidity.

I was quickly lifted out of my seat and dragged through the back exit of the place "what's going on?" I asked looking at the hold Andrew had on my right arm as he pulled me along.

"We need to leave, your friend..." his voice trailed off and I managed to stop him from dragging me any further, making him stop and look at me.

"She's what?" I've know Jade since the first day of high school.

"She's a hell hound, and a bad one too"

"I don't get it, I thought all bad creatures worked for the king"

"Most of them do but there are some that rebel against his power over them and go rogue, and have tried to kill him and you"

"If that's true then how come none of them have ever come after me?"

"They have but we stopped them before they even came close to you"

"Is Jade one of them?"

"Kind of, she works for both sides"

"So she's a snitch"

"Yes, and if she's friends with you, who know what she's been telling the creatures that went rogue"

"Is this why Lucifer wants me back in his realm?"

"That's one of the reasons, now hurry we can't stay here"

"Cathy you never told me you had a boyfriend" a female voice said from behind me, I turned around completely and saw Jade standing a few feet away. How could she lie to me, we were friend? Andrew held me by both arms and pulled me closer.

I was about to say something but he beat me to it "leave hound"

"Hound? Is that any way to treat your allies? I'm only here to wish my friend a happy birthday" she took a few steps forward and Andrew pulled me closer.

"Why did you lie to me?" I managed to say.

"Because you were mortal and no creature from our realm are aloud to tell mortals, it the main rule" she stopped and looked up and something and then at Andrew "now, now Andy there's no need for your to show those amazingly huge sexy wings of yours" she smirked.

I tilted my head upwards and saw Andrew had a pair of huge, black wings the height of the second floor of a building, they were beautiful and shone when small rays of sunlight beamed through the trees from where we were standing. He shot his right wing out in front of us so fast it was a blur, by the time I turned back to face Jade, Andrew's wing was at her throat and the feathers at the tip of it had sharpened into blades as thin as ice. I didn't even realize she had come closer to us, he wrapped his other wing around my body so I could no longer see her, I didn't want to anyway. I turned my body to face Andrew's, closed and hugged him tightly knowing what he was probably going to do next, he held me tighter with both arms and leaned him head down to my ear.