To Keep From Getting Burned

Start from the beginning

"Because, you can't know." I said.

He rolled his eyes then laid his head on my lap.
I watched pawn stars and paid no attention to him at the moment.
Ricky grabbed my hand and it touched something warm.
I looked down to see my hand on his chest.

"Your hands are cold." He said.

"Your heart is cold." I replied with a chuckle.

He examined my knuckles.
"They look better" he said.
"Have you been putting that stuff on them?" He asked.

"Yes I have." I said.

I stood up,
"I'm gonna go take a shower" I said while grabbing my underwear and bra and a shirt from my bag.

"Are all of your underwear lacy??" He smirked at me.

"If I catch you going through my bag, you're dead." I said while pointing at him.

"Oh honey, aren't I already dead?" He chuckled.
I rolled my eyes then walked in the bathroom.
I took a shower and whatever then I slid my shirt over.
I dried my hair with a towel then I brushed my teeth again.

I walked out to see Ricky laying on the bed.

"Get up" I said.

He groaned.

"You could lay back down when I fix it" I said while taking the pillows off.
Ricky sat at the edge while I fixed the bed. I reached over with one knee on the bed and set the pillows up.

"Wow. Lacy and black...may I ask whom are you planning to sleep with??" He grinned while looking at my underwear.

"Why are you such a perv?" I asked.
He laid back on the bed.

"Well, who wouldn't be looking at you if you're just wearing a shirt and no pants.." He said.

"Go take a shower." I said while looking at him.

"Geez, alright." He said while getting up.
He walked into the bathroom then closed the door behind him.
I got up then walked over to the coffee machine and the mini fridge under it. I made some coffee for the both of us and the aroma of it filled the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ricky got out of the bathroom and he was just wearing his boxer briefs.

"If you're gonna be comfortable then I shall be too" he chuckled.
"Ooohh, coffee"

We poured our coffee then I added creamer and sugar.
Ricky just added the creamer.
I took a sip from the coffee then sighed and tilted my head down. My elbows were resting on the counter and I hand my hands holding my coffee so they could stay warm.

"Are you alright?" Ricky asked while massaging my shoulders and neck. His hands were very warm from his coffee that they relaxed my muscles a bit.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking. That's all." I said.

He rested his chin on my shoulder.
"Stop thinking and come and watch tv with me" he said while gently kissing the back of my neck.

"Woah, cool ink" he chuckled while looking at my neck tattoo.
I almost forgot that I had that there.

I smiled.
"C'mon" he said while touching my waist a bit.
I followed after him and we both sat down on the bed. I sat my coffee on a coster on top of the nightstand next to me then I laid back on the bed.

{Ricky}

I looked over at Clover and she didn't look happy like usual.
I'm kinda starting to worry about her, especially what she told me about her cousin.
She's probably thinking about that..

She laid down on her side with her back facing me.

I scooted over towards her and rested my hand on her cold arm. Why is she always cold??

"Are you sure you're alright?" I asked softly while looking at the side of her face.
She nodded her head yes but didn't look at me.

"Clover..."

No response but her eyes were open.

"You know you could talk to me...there's no need to shut me out." I started.
"I'm here for you and I'm glad that I am. I know you've been through a lot of shit in your life and I want to change that, I want to make things better...so please don't shut me out like this."

A tear fell from her eye and down her cheek.

"You're making me soft Ricky, stop being so cute." She chuckled.

"Well, making you soft means a different thing in my dictionary. What do I do to make you hard again?" I chuckled.

Oh, me and my sexual jokes.

She playfully pushed me away.
"You're cold" I said while rubbing her arm so it could stay warm.

"I know," she said.