Satan's little helper

{Chloe}

I walked back to the bus and I fed Dexter.
I walked back outside and decided to help the guys with the boxes.

I sat on top of a hard,black,box that said Ice Nine Kills on it.
I went straight to reading my book and it was so interesting that I sat Indian style.

"We should be open-minded about this possibility of something outside our physical universe, weather it's a nonphysical reality or something more mundane, like an ensemble of universes that make up a multi universe."

The box lifted up from the ground I looked to see Spencer and Conor on each side of me.

"Why are you so light?" Conor asked.

"You weigh like fifty pounds" Spencer teased.

I rolled my eyes then went back to reading.

"In that context we could start asking questions about what kinds of universes are "natural" or easy to create, and possibly discover an explanation for the particular features we observe. Alternatively, we could discover reasons why the laws of physics themselves necessitate that something we thought was arbitrary (like the masses of the proton and the electron) can actually be derived from a deeper principle. Then, in a different way, we would be able to pay ourselves on the back for having explained something."

"Hey," I heard a voice from in front of me.

I looked up to see the guy that screamed like a goat on the bus.

"Hey." I smiled while tucking my hair behind my ear.

"What'cha reading?" He asked.

"The Big Picture: On the origins of Life, Meaning,and the Universe by Sean M. Carroll" I smiled while looking at the cover.

"It's a pretty good book, what page are you on?" He asked

"Fifty three"

"Oh, you barley started then" he smiled.
"May I?" He asked while pointing at the spot next to me in the box.

"You may," I smiled

"You know, I never meet any girls that actually read big books...or read at all." He chuckled.

"Well aren't you charming" I chuckled.

"Aren't I?"

"You're so conceited" I joked.

"Hey, I keep seeing you around and I don't think we actually met before"
"I'm Vinny" he smiled while holding his hand out.
I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you Vinny, I'm unknown" I chuckled.

Vinny laughed gently.
"That's rad" he smiled.

It went silent then we looked at each other. We bursted out laughing for no good darn reason.

"Oh god. Why are we laughing?" I asked while catching my breath.

"Because I'm never serious and I have big ears" he chuckled.

"No you don't and you look pretty serious to me" I smiled.

"Look closely at my ears" he said.

I looked at them.

"They're only big when you pull them out like this" I said while pulling his ears and making him look like an elf.

He made a funny face by crossing his eyes and we both laughed.