Chapter 15

an

there is mention of blood in this chapter so if you don't like that I'm just telling you now :)

James quickly stood up, and in a second his arms were wrapped around Alexander.

"I've finally found you!" He said, beginning to stroke Alexander's hair. John looked over to see his boyfriend standing in shock, his arms not even close to his father's back. James took a step back and cupped his son's cheeks in his hands.

"Alexander, I have been looking for you everywhere. My goodness, it's been so long, son."

"Don't call me son." Alexander hissed, emotions finally returning back to his face. He took his father's hand off his face, his face now twisted in anger.

"W-What?"

"You're not my father."

"What are you talking about? Of course I am your father!"

"A father is someone who takes care and loves their child, not someone who leaves his son when he was ten!"

"I did that for a reason!"

"And what would that reason be?"

"Alexander, I left because I was poor."

"Well, I hate to shock you, but we didn't have any money when you left!"

"I still am poor!"

"Do you think I'm rich? The only reason I'm here standing in front of you is because of some snobby people and a scholarship! Nothing has changed!" Alexander screamed, and John stood up, scared that Alexander's temper would get the best of him.

"Alexander, I had no idea."

"Hmm, maybe it's because you left me, James, and mother to fend for ourselves when everyone hated us."

"Why are you talking about 'fending for yourselves'? Surely you had mother around to take care of you until you left her."

"She's dead."

"What?"

"Mother's dead." A heavy silence filled the room until James fell onto his knees and began to sob.

"N-No! It can't be! S-She can't be d-dead!" He curled up into a ball, his body heaving with sobs.

"You weren't even there."

"W-What does that even m-mean?"

"I was sick as well. I watched mother die."

"No."

"No."

"James, please, the boys need you," Rachel begged her husband, tears streaming down her face. Alexander and James were leaning against the wall in the other room, listening to their parent's conversation in the dead of the night.

"You don't understand, do you,Rachel?"

"Understand what?"

"That I must leave."

"But why? I thought you were happy here. The boys love you, I love you, James."

"None of that matters. I cannot make any money here. I must leave." Alexander flinched as his older brother took his hand. The two boys walked into the room their parents were arguing in.

"Father?" Alexander said. Rachel and James's voice immediately stopped, and they turned around to see their children.

"Where are you going?" James said, squeezing his brother's hand.