Chapter 4

John slammed his cup on the bar, wiping the liquid off his mouth from his fourth beer. He had no idea what had gotten into him. It started with Lafayette and Hercules suggesting that they go to a bar, and now they were somewhere making out.

"Another one, John?" the bartender asked, but John was already on his way out the door. He didn't feel like picking up the glass cup and drinking another beer, and so he chose the simple option: leaving.

John stumbled down the sidewalk, his head throbbing. He looked on the other side of the street only to see Aaron Burr making out with some random girl.

"Slay, Burr, slay!" John shouted, his words slightly slurred. He saw Aaron turned, his face completely red. Aaron then continued to flip John off while walking in the other direction with the girl.

'He's walking in the other direction. Kind of like Zayn.' John thought while giggling to himself.

He turned the corner and saw college's campus. After ten minutes of stumbling and whistling at couples kissing, John finally made it back to his dorm. He unlocked the door and fell onto his bed in exhaustion.

"John?" he heard someone say in a raspy voice. He turned to see Alexander sitting up on his bed. He had obviously been sleeping as his hair was sticking up in random places and there was drool on his shirt. The longer John stared at him, the more the feeling of longing he had for Alexander grew. John got up, walking towards him. He cupped Alexander's face with his hands and smirked as the smaller boy looked up at him with curious eyes.

"John, what are you doing?" Alexander asked, but soon realized what John's intentions were as John pulled his face closer to his. Alexander closed his eyes, and he slowly began to wrap his arms around John's neck. Their faces got closer and closer, and Alexander could smell the alcohol that John had drank earlier. Alexander breathed slowly, ready for what was about to happen until he remembered something.

John was drunk.

Alexander immediately unwrapped his arms that were around John's neck and scooted towards the wall before John could kiss him. He wasn't going to let John, who wasn't in control of his actions, kiss him. Alexander wasn't the type of person who took advantage of people like that. Alexander looked up to see John's face and was shocked when he saw that the boy looked heartbroken.

"Alexander, why did you do that?" John slurred, not moving from his standing position.

"Listen, John, you're drunk. I can't let you kiss me, because we'll both regret it later, okay? Now, go to bed." Alexander said, and he looked up from his sweaty hands when he heard someone snoring. He giggled at the sight in front of him. John had fallen onto his bed, and the boy was currently snoring loudly. He sighed, and slowly got up.

'Great,' he thought, 'now I have to carry a tall guy to his bed.'

Alexander pushed his hair behind his ears and slowly started to lift John up. After at least a minute of trying, Alexander decided he would let John sleep in his bed and that he would sleep in John's bed. Alexander pulled the covers over John, and stood there for a few seconds, before kissing John lightly on the forehead.

He walked to the other side of the room and crawled under the covers, breathing John's scent that was on the blanket. He closed his eyes, letting John's snores help him drift off to sleep.

----

"Fuck," John muttered before he tripped over some pants. He quickly got up and looked over to see that Alexander was still passed out.

He slowly picked up the pants and placed them in his drawer. John quietly began to clean the room until all the papers were straight and all the clothes were folded and put away. He turned when he heard the creak of a bed, and saw Alexander stretching.

"Have a good sleep?" John asked, his hands on his hips.

"I guess. Shouldn't you be throwing up or something right now? I mean you were really drunk last night." Alexander asked while he was attempting to calm down his hair.

"Nope. I don't get hung over."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Wait, do you remember what happened last night?"

"No, why?"

"Uh, no reason," Alexander said, which left an awkward silence between the pair for at least a minute.

"Want to go get some coffee, you know, cause it's our last day off," John asked, nervously biting his lip.

"Sure, just let me get dressed." Alexander smiled and rose up from his bed. John also began to get changed, and under five minutes the two boys were on their way to Starbucks. They both ordered their coffees and proceeded to sit down.

"So, Alex, where are you from?" John asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"That's unimportant, let's talk about other things," Alexander answered quickly, and John raised his eyebrow at the boy's strange behavior.

"Okay, well, what's your favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Favorite animal?"

"Lion."

"Favorite food?"

"Uh, I don't know, I don't really have one."

Alexander and John's conversation went on like this until they both heard Alexander's stomach growl loudly, which caused them to break into laughter. They both decided that they were going to go to a restaurant that Angelica had invited everyone to for lunch. They were both the last to arrive, and John quickly found their friends sitting at a table in the back.

"Hey, guys," John said, smiling. He pulled out a chair for Alexander and raised an eyebrow when the Schuyler sisters began to giggle and what he had just done. He shrugged it off and continued to sit down himself.

"Hey, where's Aaron?" Alexander asked.

"Oh, he said that he was too busy or whatever, but I'm pretty sure his just hanging out with his girlfriend, Theodosia." Peggy said.

"Oh, that's who that girl was!" John exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Hercules asked, taking a sip of his water."

"Oh, well, last night when I was walking home from a bar-"

"Yeah, the bar you left us at."

"Shut up Lafayette. Anyways, I saw him making out with this girl and so naturally I cheered him on, but then he flipped me off and proceeded to walk away." John said. The table was quiet for a few seconds, but then everyone burst out into laughter at John's story. After they had all caught their breath, they ordered their food. Once the waitress left, they all began to talk to each other. Through all the noise, John couldn't help but notice they silent communication that was going on between Alexander and Eliza through their eyes and hand motions.

'Great,' he thought. 'They're probably dating or something.'

"Alexander, can I speak with you for a second? Alone?" Eliza asked, and John watched as she and Alexander walked outside the restaurant.

Yep. They were dating.

a.n

okay first off im so sorry for taking so long to update and second off i know john's not exact "legal" but who cares lol