Chapter 27

The following day was very tough and important for both of them. Mr and Mrs.Singhania had reached the Shekawat's mansion and so did their family doctor Mr.Stephen. Mrs.Shekawat felt comfortable or rather relieved as she met Mrs.Singhania. After all we never know what the aunties talk to comfort themselves. Mrs.Singhania assured Taani that things would be alright soon. Her mother in law's presence indeed made her feel good as Rey had guessed. Why wouldn't she??After all they shared a different bond of understanding not like the usual saas bahu stuff. Mr.Singhania met Mr.Shekawat and spoke some soothing words asking him not to worry.
Mr.Singhania was also successful in tracing Dr.mac's number. Dr.Mac was a leading cancer specialist. Mr.Singhania had the opportunity to meet Dr.Mac when he was in US for a few years for his treatment. Though Dr.Mac did not treat Mr.Singhania, Rey and Mr.Singhania got a chance to know about him as he worked in the same hospital where Mr.Singhania was admitted. Since they all were  from India, things turned good between the Singhania family and Dr.Mac.

He was a busy man and after personal request from Mr.Singhania, he accepted to personally have a look at Mr.Shekawat's case. That day Rey, Dr.Stephen and Taani were sitting in Mr.Shekawat's conference room all ready for the video conference with Dr.Mac. Mrs.Singhania was there with Mrs.Shekawat waiting impatiently to know what was going on. The conference went on for almost an hour.

Soon the conference was over and taarey came out of the room.

"Kya hua Taani??" asked her mom unable to control her curiosity.

"What did Dr.Mac say??" asked Mr.Singhania to Rey.

"I don't know...Dr.Mac and Dr.Stephen are in the meeting. They wanted to talk in private...So we both came out. We just have to wait..." said Rey.

After almost half an hour Dr.Stephen came out.

"What happened uncle?? What did Dr.Mac say??" asked Taani completely restless.

"I had mailed the  reports to him and discussed your dad's case. So dear, after talking with him, we consulted few other experts and..

"And??" asked Rey standing up from the couch and walked next to Taani.

Rey and taani looked at each other while Dr.Stephen removed his glasses.

"Woh Dr.Mac has gone through the reports and as per our analysis There is still a chance to Treat your dad." The words from Dr.Stephen brought a ray of light in Mrs.Shekawat's face.

"provided..." Dr.Stephen dragged...

"Provided what??" asked Rey.

"Provided Taani cooperates with us. Since she is his biological daughter, Taani may have to accompany her father to US."

No one could actually understand what was going on. Later Dr.Stephen explained the treatment process in detail and Rey and Taani listened to him carefully. Since the doctors suggested by Dr.Mac were available the next week, it was decided that Mr.Shekawat would  be admitted as soon as possible.

Unfortunately their deal and Mr.Shekawat's treatment fell on the same week. Taani was initially hesitant about it. It was not that Rey can''t handle the project all alone. Ofcourse Rey could but the problem was Taani and Rey were personally working on the deal. No one else knew anything about it. Even his secretary had no idea of what was going on in regard to this deal. Taani was really worried on how Rey would manage the entire work all alone. But Rey was successful in convincing her to go to US as he felt it more important.

Later that day the Singhania's decided to leave as Taani had to complete some legal issues on her Visa and other stuff like packing.

Before leaving,