Chapter 3: From Shekawat to Singhania

Reality struck her when she heard the doorbell ring. She opened her eyes and found herself sitting on their bed. "that was the first time we spoke" she said looking at Rey's pic. She went out to open the door to find a courier boy standing there. She received the courier from him. and entered her room only to be welcomed by the cooker from the kitchen. She left the courier on the bed and went into the kitchen to continue her cooking. As she was frying something,
"Reyaansh don't mistake me. Am not good at cooking. So this is what I could manage today." She said placing the bread toast on the table with a line of guilt on her face . This was her first morning as Mrs.Reyaansh Singhania. Food is the best opportunity which no girl would ever let go from her hand to create her first impression in front of her Husband. But Taani felt bad that she couldn't do it. She had burnt the food in the process of trying it.
"And this is what I like. Thank you! And don't worry, We can go out for dinner today" he said smiling at her.
"Reyaansh hates toasts. I was baffled when mom told me once during a conversation. He ate the toast just to make me feel comfortable. He is the best!" she chuckled as she murmured this to herself.
She was done with her kitchen chores and went into her office room to continue her job. She had started a small consultancy business by her own. Sometimes she helped Reyaansh with his office chores too. She took equal part in his business by helping him in whatever way she could. Amazed by her business skills, He even offered to make her a board member, but she denied as she wanted to do something on her own. As a result she started this business 6 months ago and Rey encouraged her in it.And she was running it efficiently. But the reality was it was this business which saved her from the lonely life she was living.
It was almost evening, when she reached her room to refresh. She noticed the courier on the table. It was a marriage invitation from one of her client. She was browsing the invitation when..
The singhania's and the shekawat's were sitting in the living room in Jhodpur. The two families got along very well during the marriage ceremonies. The Raichand's proposed the idea of marrying Rey and Taani. Mrs.Gayathri already started liking Taani and Mr.Singania too felt Taani to be the right choice for Rey and their family. Mr and Mrs Shekawat had no problem with the alliance as Rey was the best bachelor they could ever find for Taani. The families discussed this issue after Shruthi's bidaai. The parents decided to place the issue directly in front of their children.
"Taani kya tum Reyaansh bete se shaadi karogi?" asked Mrs.Shekawat. "Mom woh.." she looked at her mom with confusion. Of course she liked Rey. But she never expected things to be this soon.At Rey's room,"Taani is best in everything. She is perfect for our family. What's your problem?" asked Mr.Singhania."I know Taani is best. She is very sweet. But I can't marry anyone now." he said."Beta if you don't want to, then no problem. I will tell the Singhania's. Your hapiness is more important" said Mr.Shekawat stroking Taani's hair."I don't mind. I know you are strong professionally but not with your personal issues. I have made a commitment with the Shekawats and they are OK with it.I don't care for your answers now." said Mr. Singhania and stormed out of the room."I know Dad. Agar Rey ko koi problem nahi hai tho, I don't mind Dad. Mujhe aapki khushi sabse important hai. And I believe you will never let anything wrong happen to me." she said with a smile on her face."Mujhe Taani se baat karni hai" he said and stormed out of the house."Dad I want to talk to Rey personally before that" she told her dad and went out.Both of them were lost in their own thoughts and moved in the opposite direction when they collided. Rey caught Taani from falling and in the process, he himself fell on her. He was completely lost in her. They came back to reality and he got up and made her stand.
"Woh.." both of them started together."Am sorry.." they said in unison. They laughed."Ladies first!" said Rey.She smiled at him and then "Rey I hope you know what our parents are upto. I just wanted to talk about that.""Same here. Taani am not sure if I am ready for marriage right now." He said.She looked at him. "I mean I never thought about it. So.." he said not sure of his words."Even I don't know Reyansh!""So what have you decided?" he asked"Reyansh am not sure if I am ready too, but the truth is I believe in my parent's decision. I just wanted to say, I don't mind marrying you. And since both of us sailing in the same boat, we can make this marriage work together. I just don't want you to take any decisions under compulsion.Now I leave the decision to you. If you still find it weird, then let me know. I will handle my parents." she said and left the place in a hurry to hide her embarasment, leaving the dark brown eyes stare at her.
"God did I do that? I must have looked so funny". She placed the invitation back and set the table for dinner. She heard the gate open and understood that Rey was back. She went out to receive him. She smiled at him and helped him with his green tea. They discussed about the business issues for sometime and they left for dinner. After a while Taani talked to him about the invitation and he agreed to make his day free to attend the wedding and went back to sleep.
The next day evening,Reyaansh got ready for the reception and was busy setting his hair. He saw Taani come out of the rest room wearing a green anarkali, studded with white stones and she looked adorable. She looked at him and he signaled her that she was perfect by nodding his head. He turned back to the mirror and started setting his hair again, when he noticed her facing the wardrobe with a confused expression. She couldn't decide her jewellery. She took out a simple platinum set and tried it. "NO!" she murmured to herself. She tried a stone studded jewel and she wasn't convinced yet. She placed all her jewels on the table and starred at it. She felt a pair of hands on her shoulders. He held her shoulders and moved her aside and looked at the jewels. He browsed them for a moment and came out with a simple emerald stone studded earring and placed held it near her ears and looked at it. "Not bad but.." his eyes fell on a diamond stud nearby. Wow!, he took at the earring and placed it near her ears. "Perfect"! he exclaimed. He saw her smiling and she nodded saying yes to his choice. He smiled back. Then he picked her a necklace which would match her earring.
"Thank you! This is perfect." she said and took the necklace and tried to fix the clasp around her neck.."Let me!" he said. He took the necklace and moved her hair aside and helped her wear it. She closed her eyes shivered by his touch. After fixing the clasp of the necklace and took out his hands He turned her around and made her face the mirror.She opened her eyes slowly and they both looked at the mirror together. Taani smiled as she saw herself and Rey together in the mirror. The image looked like a perfect family picture which she had dreamt of since their marriage. The presence of Rey next to her made her feel more beautiful than the costly anarkali and the supporting jewellery that Rey selected for her.
They reached the venue to be welcomed by the client. "Welcome Mr. and Mrs.Singania. Sorry for letting you know at such a short notice. We feel honored by your presence". Rey and Taani smiled at him and thanked him. They met the couples and passed their wishes. She saw the lightings and found people enjoying..
Taani was busy packing her cloths. Shruthi's bidaai was done and she had even spoken to Rey. She didn't understand if she had spoken the right words. Neither could she predict Rey's answers. But she decided to take whatever comes to her. She was held up with her own thoughts when she noticed her parents arriving. They looked a bit low. Taani could guess what would have happened. She almost had a lump on her throat."Mom! Kya hua?""beat woh!" stammered Mrs.Shekawat."Koi baat nahi ma! Mei samaj sakthi hoon!" she said turning back."Beta Rey said yes" said Mr.Shekawat holding Taani's shoulders.She turned back instantly. Her joy knew no bounds. But she couldn't understand why her mom was upset. So she allowed her dad to continue."Beta! Just now I met Rey and Mr.Singania. He said Yes to me personally but he requested a simple marriage. Looks like Rey isn't interested in the rasams much.""Dad aapko kya lagtha hai?" asked Taani."Ladka bahot acha hai. Par mujhe tumari Rai chahiye iss baat ko lekar." She remembered Rey's words. She understood Rey's situation as he had already confessed that he wasn't sure of his feelings"I am Ok with it Dad." she said.Mr.Shekawat was happy. He never wanted anything other than his daughter's happiness and soon everything was set.Within a few months, they had a simple marriage as there wasn't many auspicious dates left for the year. They got their marriage registered with few friends and relatives. Rey looked indifferent and forced a smile in front of his clients and close relatives. At the end of their reception, Mrs.Shekawat presented Taani her special necklace, the identity of the shekawat's. Mr.Singania gifted them an apartment. He declared that the couples could move there immediately to start their new life. Taani and Rey accepted their gift and took their blessings. The Shekawats took their leave. The Singania's reached the new apartment and Taani did her grihapravesh there. The house was completely set.Mrs.Gayathri took taani to the temple in the house and made her perform some formal rites. Taani took her blessings once again and Mrs.Gayathri hugged her and said"Taani ab rey sirf mera beta nahi tumrare pati hai. As a mom an I ask you something?""Haa maa. Aap mujse kuch be pooch sakthi hai!""Mera beta dil se bahot acha hai. Uska kyaal rakna. He would never share his greif with anyone. Please uski andar ki Rey ko bahaar lana. Use Reyansh se Rey banana. Aur yeh kaam sirf um hi kar sakte ho bata." she said with tears on her eyes."Promise me beta!"Taani couldn't understand her words completely. But she brushed her thoughts aside held her hands in assurance and nodded yes. They hugged each other.
"Taani shall we start?" asked Rey.She came out of her trance and found herself standing in the corner watching the couples."yea" she said and they both started moving towards their car.He opened the door for her and she got in. He closed the door and started driving the car. She wore her seat belt and stretched her seat back and closed her eyes.------------------------------------