Chapter 25 - Dawn & May

Dawn...

Dawn woke up alongside everyone else in the Sinnoh Region. They all simultaneously got up and Cilan began to prepare dinner in silence. 

"You know the idea Ash proposed..." Parker started, everyone turning to him.

"He wants to do it in real life too, so he should be heading here right now" Gary finished for Parker. 

Everyone took a moment to think about the idea of the plan. Clemont seemed to be in deeper thought than the rest of them. Dawn was considering the idea, but she was too wrapped up in the idea of Serena still being alive, but only in a dream that seemed too much like reality. 

"It is a good idea, considering it will change everything. If they are essentially asleep in the ice, then they should be dreaming when we are sleeping, right?" Clemont pushed up his glasses and looked at Gary, who nodded.

"Precisely. Except they will still be 'sleeping' in their dream. In the simplest of terms, they probably don't realise they are dreaming because they still see the same things in both worlds. Once we save them here we will have to tell them everything up to now. If they don't believe us, then we will have to save them in the dream world to prove it. It all makes sense and they will completely change how the dream world compares to this world. Ash has proposed a good idea" Gary replied to Clemont but talked to everyone in truth. They all knew what Gary had said anyway, but allowed him to talk about it all without interruption. 

"It will take Ash a little while to get here...What shall we do?" Dawn asked, looking around. Everyone thought about her question for a moment. 

Miette stood up, her fists shaking by her side. She looked down, hiding her face.

"I think we should handle Team Shadow at the same time..." she half-whispered, worry shaking her voice.

"I thought you wanted answers more than any of us? Serena's death has clearly hurt you and all of this trouble is making you even worse" Parker spoke like his casual self, not even feeling bothered about Miette's emotions. 

"That's not fair..." Bonnie replied for Miette, anger in her eyes. "We are all hurting. I know you might not be, but cold-hearted people don't usually feel anything, do they?" 

"That might just be true" Parker stood up and threw his main Pokeball in the air. "I'll handle Team Shadow, you guys wait for Ash" he finished, catching the Pokeball. Parker walked off without another word, heading towards the forest.

"Wait!" Dawn suddenly burst forward, running after him.

Why am I trying to stop him?

"What is it?" Parker stopped, not even turning to face Dawn

"We can all work together and split up. You don't need to run off on your own" Dawn sounded a little frustrated. "I don't think we want anyone else to die..."

The thought of someone else dying made Dawn's eyes fill up with tears. She ducked her head to hide them.

"Well..." Parker chuckled slightly, making Dawn look up a little. "I promise you here and now that I won't die. After all, we all still have things we need to discover, even if it's our own futures. I'll be back. That's a promise" 

Dawn said nothing more. She watched Parker walk away and wondered if he would actually return. They all still had so much they needed to uncover as a group. 

May...

May walked up to Dawn and put a hand on her shoulder. 

"What was that about? You falling for someone like him?" May joked, but Dawn shrugged, looking ahead at where Parker was.