Chapter 13 - Paranoia

Serena watched as the sun dropped over the hills, daytime slowly going and night returning once more. She huffed out a sigh, cupping a hand underneath her chin. 

"You okay?" Miette asked, putting her hands on the back of her skirt to allow herself to sit down in a comfortable position.

"Ash shouldn't be taking this long. I am a little worried, that's all" Serena replied, continuing to look at the sunset. 

"He will be fine. Ash is tough. Whatever he is doing must be relevant for what we are all doing, just give him time" Miette turned to where the camp was, everyone sitting down to eat. "Come on, let's go eat"

Seren hesitated and continued to stare at the sunset, not acknowledging Miette's words for a moment. She slowly got to her feet and nodded, not saying anything. They both headed back to the camp and prepared to eat.

Meanwhile...

Greninja continued on as fast as he could go, jumping from tree to tree with Pikachu in his arms. Greninja's tremendous balancing capabilities allowed him to jump along with ease, getting to the nearest city with no problems at all. However, just as he got to the end, a group of Nidorans appeared, looking quite vicious. Greninja stopped, surrounded by the group of Nidorans. The groups Nidoking came stomping up from behind Greninja and they bombarded the water-type ninja with poison stings, causing Greninja to be poisoned. Then, several of the Nidorans hit Greninja with quick attacks, causing him to stumble back and into a sitting position. Greninja jumped up into the air, dropping Pikachu in the process while also ignoring the poisons effects and the pain from the attacks, forming a water shuriken in his hands. Greninja fired it into the group, before completing a backflip to land on the ground safely, catching Pikachu in the middle of the flip. The shuriken exploded in the whole group, causing an explosion, dirt and dust rising from the ground. Greninja used this as a smokescreen to finally make it into the city, entering the Pokemon Center. Upon entering the Center, Greninja passed out, causing everyone to lay their eyes on him.

"Nurse Joy, a Pokemon has been poisoned!" a small girl called out to Nurse Joy, who immediately came rushing into the main room, seeing Greninja and Pikachu in his hands.

"Oh my god, I must treat them right away," she said, turning to the girl "Can you help me?"

"Of course!" the girl seemed eager to help and they began work right away, with Pokemon assistance.

Back at the camp...

Everyone was finishing up their food, while Serena was wrapping up some spare food in case Ash showed up without calling. She finished and walked back up to the spot she was at originally. She looked out into the distance, the night sky having arrived, stars settling over it and twinkling brightly. 

"Come on Serena, let's call it a night!" Miette called, standing next to Bonnie, who was worried for Serena.

"I'll be there soon, go in without me" Serena called back, without turning around. She cupped a hand under her chin once more and sighed deeply. 

Miette stared at Serena's back for a moment, worry also on her face. Bonnie tugged on Miette's top and they both headed back to the camp to sleep. Serena continued to look at the night sky in the distance, another sigh escaping her mouth. She wiped a tear that was forming in her eye and frowned to herself.

"Where are you Ash?" she whispered to herself, paranoid thoughts entering her mind. What if he has been taken by Team Shadow? What if he is really hurt? She continued to think the bad thoughts, staring into the empty space as the night continued.

Miette woke up to the sound of birds tweeting and the bright sun shining on the tent door. She wondered how Serena was doing and decided to get up before anyone else. Stretching up from stepping out of the tent, she turned her attention to where Serena was sat the previous night. Sure enough, she was lying in that exact spot, sleeping soundly on the grass. Miette shook her head and smiled, before walking over to Serena.