Chapter 24 - Parker & Gary

Parker...

Parker's day started exactly the same as Ash's, except the beginning of his dream was even stranger than Ash's. It was even stranger for everyone that was captured by Captain. 

The Dream...

Parker awoke and immediately leapt onto his feet. Everyone was gathered, each person puzzled as to why they were waking up in the Pokemon Master Alliance's headquarters. 

"Am I dreaming?" Cilan was the first to ask, everyone still looking around with confused expressions.

Parker was the only casual person in the situation. He just shrugged and carried on as he did in the real word, almost like he wasn't dreaming.

"I was going to ask the same thing" May looked around from within her cage and something struck her mind. "I remember escaping from here already. What's going on?"

Everyone discussed the possibility that they were all dreaming at the same time, like some sort of strange phenomenon. 

"It's so hard to piece together. One thing is for sure, we need to retrace our steps from the real events" Clemont deduced and Miette took a deep breath, which made everyone turn to her.

"Will we have to witness Serena die again?" everyone could see the pain in her eyes as she asked.

"We don't know what is going to happen, so just try and stay calm, okay?" Gary was a little harsh, but his words were true. 

They all followed the same steps and got to the boats when Parker suddenly changed. He suddenly had the expression everyone else had as they set off on the boats.

Am I dreaming?... He wondered in his own head, wondering what was going on. Parker had seemingly started dreaming later than everyone else, so he was unaware that the others were feeling the same effects.

The boats continued on their journey, towards Serena and Ash, when Parker instantly stopped dreaming and woke up with a shock, rising into a sitting position.

Parker felt a little strange about the dream. He had an extra question in his mind that he replayed over and over again as he prepared to find Ash.

Why did my dream start on the boat...?

Gary's Location...

Gary was wondering around, waiting for Parker and Cilan. The dream he had was the same as everyone else's and he knew this was true since they were all sharing the same problems. It seemed as though it was possible they were not aware of it in the real world, so Gary was ready to test this.

"Have you been waiting long?" Gary turned to the sound of Cilan's voice. Cilan stepped forward and closer to Gary. "I am going to instantly assume you had 'that dream' too?"

"That's right. It's very strange. I can't understand what is going on" Gary sat down on a nearby log and Cilan joined him.

"Clemont could be a big help in finding out" Cilan suggested, but Gary's instant head shake made Cilan avoid bringing up Clemont.

"He wants time and space to think about things. The dreaming situation, if it is affecting all of us, will be making it harder for him to cope and think. The same for Miette and even possibly his sister, who have been taking the previous situation worse compared to the rest of us" Gary kicked the front of the log with his heel and rested his arms across the back of his head.

"That's true. When Parker arrives, what can we do to find out more?" Cilan wondered, but then he clicked his fingers straight away. "We sleep"

"Exactly. If we want to find more answers, we sleep. Maybe someone already has. Maybe everyone needs to be sleeping simultaneously for it to work?" Gary rubbed his chin in thought.