Chapter 9 - Tough Decisions

Ash stepped into Professor Oak's lab for the first time in a while. Professor Oak was back and he turned around at the sound of the door opening, a smile forming on his face at the site of Ash.

"Good afternoon, Ash. What can I do for you?" Professor Oak asked, giving Ash his full attention.

"I just wanted to contact Lance, if that's ok" Ash gestured to the screen at the back of the lab and Professor Oak nodded once.

"Of course, use it whenever you like. If you need anything else I am right here" he said, before turning back to what he was doing. 

Ash headed over to the console and attempted to contact Lance. Lance answered almost instantly, but his screen was black for a moment. Ash could hear noise in the background, what seemed to sound like people rushing out of the room Lance was in. The curtain over the screen was taken off, revealing Lance with a slight smile on his face.

"What can I do for you today, Ash?" Lance asked Ash, who frowned a little.

"I have all of my friends in Kanto. We are basically ready to go ahead and stop Team Shadow. But, we need your help" Ash explained, Lance already knowing they would need his help and he also knew that Ash was with all of his friends, due to the system the alliance had set-up in every region. 

"I already know this. But, we are not ready just yet" Lance looked behind him as someone said something inaudible and started to rush. "I will be there later, I must take care of some business first"

"That's fine, I should be at my house" Ash nodded a goodbye to Lance and disconnected the call. "What was all that about, him being in a hurry...?"

"Maybe he is just really busy" Professor Oak added. Ash shrugged and then took a few steps to the door.

"Thanks, Professor," Ash said, before leaving. 

"Not a problem, goodbye for now!" Professor Oak shouted as the door swung open and closed. He let out a little sigh and continued working.

Pikachu jumped onto Ash's shoulder as he stepped outside. Ash shoved his hands into his jacket pockets and looked up at the sky, the afternoon slowly rolling by, night time being hinted by the colour of the sky. 

"Let's go meet the others again, plan ahead as much as we can" Ash suggested to Pikachu, who looked ahead with determination.

"Pika" Pikachu replied. Ash noticed Pikachu's determination and smiled to himself. 

Ash spent a few moments searching around for the others. He realised he did not ask them where they were going to go, nor did he even know where they might have gone. After a few moments, Ash decided to sit against a tree, under some shade and rest for just a little bit. More time passed and Ash slowly dropped off to sleep. The dream began once more. 

"So, you're finally awake" the red-eyed Serena from within his dream was still stood in the corner. Ash had a sudden sense of nausea as Serena said this. He had just fallen asleep, but she said he was awake.

"I just fell asleep, actually..." Ash said quietly, with a puzzled look on his face.

"Well, I had one more thing to tell you before I take off. Although, I am sure it won't make you happy" Serena's words intrigued Ash. He turned his head from his position on the floor, to face her. 

"What?" Ash sat up and waited for Serena to speak, a wicked smile forming on her lips. She seemed pleased as she spoke.

"What you are seeing right now, is precognition" she watched as Ash's eyes grew wider. He couldn't believe that Serena was going to end up like this, one more time. "There is nothing you can do to stop it"