Chapter 8 - (Un)Friendly Return

After two more days, Ash and Serena finally met up with Clemont and Bonnie again. After contacting several old friends, it seemed clear that everyone wanted to meet up again and Clemont and Bonnie had been setting up the meeting. Ash and Serena explained the events over the past two days and with Bonnie looking worried, Clemont thought about the situation.

"It seems like they are just messing with us, maybe slowing us down?" Clemont wondered out loud.

"I thought that too. But, they seem confident that no one can stop them this time" Ash replied, also thinking deeper into the situation. 

"Cut it out guys, the others should be here soon" Serena reminded them both.

"Oh yeah, Brock said Misty was getting back this afternoon," Ash said to the others, his excitement rising over the thought of seeing everyone again.

"How convenient" Clemont laughed.

"Pika pi" Pikachu agreed, sitting on Ash's shoulder. 

Both Ash and Serena decided to keep the things that were happening to themselves. Serena hadn't told Ash and vice versa. They both didn't think that there was any need to let people know. The group continued to wait for a few minutes, when Dawn and Misty appeared at the end of the path, running up to the group.

"Misty, Dawn!" Ash shouted before everyone collided with greetings. 

"It's great to see you guys again!" Dawn smiled at everyone.

"Same" Misty folded her arms, the usual 'tough' look, but she couldn't help smile. 

"You was with Dawn this whole time?" Ash laughed, scratching the back of his head. "We thought you were super busy after we called Brock"

"Nah, I was just having fun" Misty replied, waving her arm to signify a new topic. "Where is Brock anyway?" 

"He was just closing up for the day" Clemont explained, shifting his glasses up. 

"How come you decided to meet with us all now?" Dawn asked Ash, who mentally facepalmed.

"That's right! We forgot to tell you what is going on. It can wait till everyone else gets here" Ash explained, not giving anything away, which made Dawn want to know even more.

One by one, everyone made it to Kanto and the group was back together, save one person.

"I'm going to be a little late, do whatever you have to without me, I'll be there soon" Gary explained once everyone had called him. 

Ash disconnected the call and they all sat round a large table in the usual cafe they use to go to. He took the time to look around and smile. Misty, Brock, Clemont, Cilan, Iris, Miette, Serena, May and Dawn, all together once more. Gary was the missing puzzle piece, but it would be completed soon enough, Ash knew that much. Bonnie was the new puzzle piece added to the group.

"I have missed this" Ash contemplated the view in front of him. Everyone looked around and it was all smiles between the group. 

"So, you wanted to tell is what is going on?" Dawn, the one who had been intrigued, impatiently asked Ash.

"I met with Parker again" Ash brought silence to the group, save Clemont, Bonnie and Serena. 

"But there is more to it then that, right?" Cilan and his great deductive skills made Ash grin. 

"Of course" Ash looked to everyone with uncertainty, but knew they would have to get involved. "I am not sure how dangerous the situation is, but Team Shadow escaped and now they are threatening not just one region, but every region"