Chapter 12 - Destructive Revelations

Everyone spent the night thinking over what had transpired. Team Shadow was exploiting the powers that their Pokemon and wild Pokemon had to use on people as well as Pokemon. As a result of their actions, all of the Pokemon champions had been frozen in ice and it seemed like they weren't going to be taken out of their cryogenic sleep anytime soon. The next day came and it was clear that they all had to leave the camp as quickly as they had entered it. However, Ash told everyone to go without him and contact him later on, continuing to act strangely. But, the others complied with Ash and after a quick kiss with Serena, they all set off without him, Pikachu looking just as worried for his best friend.

"It's okay Pikachu. I keep having these dreams. If I tell you about it, you will know why I am staying" Ash said to Pikachu.

"Pika..." Pikachu replied quietly, before sitting next to Ash to listen to him.

The Previous Night...

The dream started as soon as Ash fell into a deep slumber. He was in the same old dark room, underneath the stairs, he had fallen through trying to save his town. Serena had now gone from his dream and he felt glad about this. However, there was clearly something in the shadows again and Ash didn't waste any time.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Ash called out to the shadow, in which a cackle came back in reply.

"Oh, dear Ash" it was Team Shadow's Boss. he stepped out and smirked at Ash, his teeth the only visible thing underneath his hood. "Are you having nightmares?"

"What do you want?" Ash repeated, not moving from his position.

"Did you have fun yesterday?" The Boss asked Ash, who clenched his fist in frustration.

"What do you want?" Ash repeated once more, this time, sterner. 

"No need to be so angry!" The Boss joked, smirking still. "I want you to stay at that little camp of yours tomorrow"

"Why? We are leaving and I think you know why" Ash frowned and kept his fists clenched.

"That's why I want you to stay there. Unless you want your friends to have a little sleep in the ice as well" The Boss threatened Ash, shrugging. "Of course, the choice is yours" 

Ash watched as everything vanished and he woke up from his sleep, feeling the same as every other time, sweat dripping from his head.

Now...

"Pika..." Pikachu said once Ash had finished the story. 

"I wonder why they want me to stay..." Ash had a suspicious feeling in his gut, so he decided to go outside and look around the whole camp. He went around each dorm, searching everything until the rooms were a big mess. 

"Pika?" Pikachu asked Ash, obviously questioning his actions.

"I want to find out how Team Shadow got here. Or, if there is a reason for me having to stay here today. There must be an answer here, but their boss wasn't going to give it away" Ash explained as he was finishing the search in his own room. He stepped outside and sat down on the bridge, wondering what to do next. Minutes passed and then an hour. Ash continued to sit on the bridge, not even moving a muscle.

"Pika!" Pikachu tugged on Ash's jacket to get his attention. Ash turned to his Pokemon and tracked Pikachu's line of sight. Pikachu was staring towards the big building the first test was going to be in. Ash's face brightened up as he realised he hadn't searched it at all.

"You're a genius, thanks, Pikachu!" Ash got up and sprinted to the door, Pikachu following him. He tried the door, but it wouldn't budge. Ash decided to step back and run up to the door, attempting to force it open. However, it still wouldn't budge.