ch. 27 as tiny as a hamster

(Y/N) POV

I look at Mark with my eyes wide, "And what about us?" I ask. Mark looks questioning at me, "Us?" he asks. 

I narrow my eyes for a split second, "Yeah! us! Jack and me?" I say. Mark looks down, "Haven't really thought about that" He says softly. 'that explains why he was so stoked about going back to his family down there.' I think as it is quiet for a moment. 

Jack rests his head on his hand, and his elbow on the table. "Are there any small people down there who want to be our size?" I ask. 

"I don't know if I want to become that small" Jack says before Mark can answer.  Mark and I look shocked at Jack, "What?" I ask. "You want to go with us, right?" Mark asks. 

I look at Mark, "To be honest, I'm not sure yet either" I say. Mark looks at me like I have two heads, "Are you....are you two serious right now?" He says, looking back and forth from Jack and me. 

Jack and I avoid eye con act with Mark. We look at each other, then we look down. I push my cuticles back from my nerves. I don't want to hurt Mark's feelings, but I don't want to do think I'm not fully sure of either. 

Mark breathes a frustrated chuckle after waiting a moment for Jack or me to answer, "So you guys don't want to go with me?" Mark asks with a shaking voice, about to cry. 

My head shoots up at Mark, and I see tears rolling down his cheeks, "Y-you guys are leaving me?" He asks again. "No,Mark!" Jack says quickly. "No, we would-" I want to say, but Mark cuts me off. 

Mark slams his fists on the table before standing up, "FINE!" He yells, "If you don't want to go with me, that's fine! It only makes it easier for me, because we don't have to find someone for you two who has to change into this useless size!" Mark says angry before walking away. 

I want to walk after him, but Jack pulls on my wrist when I stand up. I look at him, "Don't" He says softly. "MARK! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?" I yell. 

Mark opens the front door but stops walking when I ask my question. He turns around with anger, written on his face, "I'm going back home" He says with a slight growl in his voice before walking out of the store, slamming the door shut. 

I want to run after Mark, and ask what he means by that. But Jack keeps holding on my wrist tightly, "Jack, let me go!" I say, a little scared about what is going to happen with Mark now.

Jack pulls me closer to him, "(Y/N), what are you gonna do?" He asks in his slight Irish accent. "I just want to know what he is doing, Jack! Let me go, now!" I say, getting a little angry and more and more frustrated by the second. 

I stare directly in Jack's eyes, showing him I'm bloody serious. Jack looks back at me with those blue eyes, begging me to stay, "(Y/N), just let him go" Jack says. 

My  eyes widen, "What? Jack! he's your best friend!" I say as my breathing gets a little faster. Jack slightly shakes his head, "Mark is going home again, so be it. He decided to leave us...to leave you" Jack says softly. 

I feel tears build up in my eyes, "NO JACK! We're losing time!!"  I say as I realize what Mark is going to do. Mark is going back to Chadwick to switch with Kimberley. 

I put all my strength together, hold my wrist a little higher, and throw it down with all force, making Jack lose grip on it. "I'm sorry, Jack" I say quietly before running out of the store, towards the forest. 

I don't see Mark anywhere, Jack made Mark have time to go. 'was it a plan?' i think as I run into the woods, 'doesn't Mark want me with him anymore?' I ask myself, still running on my fastest.