ch. 17 leaving

Two days later...

(Y/N) POV

I smile and wave at the few people that take the bed with them, "have a lovely day!" I yell at them before they disappear around the corner. 

Mark stands next to me, smiling like crazy too. My store is still not sold, but that is nothing different then expected.  We now sold all the stuff that I owned, and I feel really rich, which I actually kind of am. 

Yesterday, people threw  a good-bye party for me. There were people making music by the campfire. Small kids were dancing with each other, older people dancing. And women were dancing with their husband or other family and friends. 

We had delicious diner, and everyone was able to taste the original, expensive but delicious tea from England. 

I decided to give my self-made stuff away for free. I gave most things to the small kids and the older people, because I felt like doing so. 

I turn around, and see Jack, standing in the store with our suitcases, ready to leave. It's quite a long journey to Los Angeles, so we will need a carriage. And since no one of us can ride those things, we will be needing someone for that too.

And since I don't want to spend money on someone to ride that thing, I asked some people from the village. And I think I found the perfect man. 

The man who always goes across the world, the one and only, Edward. Good old Edward. I asked him to come over, and he could be here any minute now. 

Speaking of which, "Hey! (Y/N)!!" Edwards says, waving as he walks towards me. I wave back at him, "hey Edward!!" I say, smiling  brightly.

He walks up to Mark and me, "So, you wanted to ask me something, miss?" Edward asks. I nod, "yes, as you may already know, I will be moving to Los Angeles" I explain. 

Edward nods, "Yeah, everyone is talking about it, they don't want you to go"  He says, chuckling a little. I smile, "yeah, I will be missing everyone too, but I want this more than anything" I say. 

Ed smiles at me. "Anyway, we are going all the way to Los Angeles, but we need someone to drive our carriage" I explain. Edwards eyes immediately light up, "And you want me to drive?" He asks happy.

I nodd, "yup!!" I say. "aaaalll the way to LA?" Edward asks again, making sure I'm not joking. I chuckle, " yes, sir!" I say. 

Edward nods, "Of course I want to!! Sounds awesome! When are we leaving?" He asks. I look at Mark. I want to answer, but Mark does that for me, "Now!" He simply answers with a smile before turning around and walking to Jack. 

I nod, "Quickly pack your bags, our carriage is waiting near Alice's farm" I explain. Edward nods, "I'll see you there in a few, (Y/N)!!" He says before running away.

small time skip

"Ah, there he is" Jack says before stepping in. I peek around the white canvas of the carriage, to see Edward approaching us in a fast, running pace with his quite big, brown, leather suitcase.

Jack sits on the opposite side of Mark and me. "ready lads?" Edward asks from the front of the carriage. "hell yeah!" I say, barely able to wait for my new life in Los Angeles with Mark and Jack.

Edward gives the two brown horses a sign, and so we begin our journey to Los Angeles, California.  I sigh happily as I look outside, seeing the village slowly disappear. 

I lean back in my seat, thinking of all the memories I have in this small town. I grew up here, I had many friends that came and left, but there was one friend that was there since I was three years old, Kimberley.