ch. 15 strange night

(Y/N) POV

I wake up to some wet drops hitting my skin and  the light of the '..moon?'. I look through the many trees, up to the sky and see shining, 'stars? it's midnight?'

I stretch and stand up. I look around me, seeing the rain fall and the forest is pitch black. I only see some faded lights from the village far away, and the lights from Chadwick's tower nearby. 

I try to think of what to do until I hear some familiar voices, "(Y/N)? Are you here?" I hear an Irish accent say. I immediately kneel between the thick tree roots again, hoping he didn't see me. 

When I peek around the tree, I see Jack and Mark walk close together in the dark. I can only see the shape of their figure, and slightly the color of their hair. 

I sit back down again, feeling a little sad. But at the same time, I feel anger build up inside me. I don't know what to do. "(Y/N) please, answer me, it's raining. Are you here?" I hear Mark beg. 

I push my legs against my chest. I wrap my arms around my legs and just stare in front of me, letting the rain hit me. I rub my legs, realizing how cold it actually is outside. 

'What do I do?' I think to myself. I have the chance now to walk up to them, let Mark try to apologize to me,  try to make everything right, which probably won't really work, since he really hurt me. 

But I could also give him another chance. Even though I'm not sure about if he really regrets it. 'What if he wants to go on with Kimberley?' What if he is just looking for me to tell me that he loves Kim and that we're through. 

I hear a loud sigh coming from close behind the tree, "I don't think she's here, Mark" Jack says. I can hear their footsteps, way too close to me. 

I try to breathe slow and quiet, but it isn't really working. I feel tears building up, 'why?'. After all this time, that they were looking for me, 'I was thinking about the worst cases, but I'm crying now?'

Before I even realize it, I let out a sob, just a little louder than the rain.  I can just feel their gazes turning my way. They walk past me, looking the other way. I cover my mouth with both of my hands, trying to stay quiet. 

I squeeze my eyes shut as I let out another sob. I quickly look up a split second, and then I close my eyes again when I see them turning around 

I feel one of them kneeling down in front of me and coming closer to me. I keep my legs close to my chest and my hands pressed on my mouth. "(Y/N), here you are!" I hear Jack says.  Tears fall from my face, along with the rain as I shake my head, not wanting any of this to happen. 

I'm assuming, Jack gets a strand of wet hair out of my face. I slowly open my eyes to see Jack right in front of me, and Mark not too far away either, standing, not really knowing what to do. 

Jack gently takes one hand from my mouth, "Come on, (Y/N), let's get you home" Jack says. I hesitate first, but I just let it all happen. Jack gently takes my wrist and pulls me with him, through the dark forest, towards the village. 

I hear Mark following us quietly. Something in my just wants to punch him in his face so bad, but I also want to hear what he has to say. But also, I want him to leave me alone, and at the same time I want to hug him so bad. 

I just let Jack drag me towards the village, even though I just want him to leave me under that comfy tree. I feel my clothes stick to my body because of the rain. 

My t-shirt is probably showing my black bra underneath, but I don't really care about that right now.  I narrow my eyes when a few burning lanterns suddenly appear after we walk around a corner.