ch. 14 fucked up day

the next day

(Y/N) POV 

I walk down the stairs to the sound of some people talking to each other. I roll my eyes and sigh when I hear Mark and Jack talking...with Kimberley. 

I enter the store and decide to try to keep a happy mood today, "Hey Kim! Sorry or how stupid I acted yesterday" I apologize, not meaning any word I say. 

Kimberley smiles at me, "no problem, it's okay" she says, smiling at me. I give her a slight nod, and walk to the small money-box in the back of the store. I grab a small bag and fill it, getting ready to get some food. 

I walk back to the store, past the three people. "Where are you going?" Jack asks. I turn around, "Getting some stuff" I explain. "Can I come with you?" Jack asks. 

I turn around again, and sigh with a slight chuckle, "yeah whatever" I say before walking on. I stop at the unlocked door, "How did you guys unlock the door?" I say with Jack next to me. 

Mark chuckles, "We stole your key" He explains. I roll my eyes playfully, "Thief!" I mumble before opening the door. Jack closes the door behind him as I start to walk. 

Jack clears his throat, "So where are we going?" He asks. I accidentally don't answer him, thinking if it is a good idea to leave Kimberley alone with Mark. Jack clears his throat again, "hello?" He asks in his Irish accent. 

I look up at him, "hm? what?" I ask. Jack chuckles, "What's on your mind?" He asks sweetly. I lift my shoulders, not sure if I should answer. "It's just...Kimberley and Mark are alone now"  I say. 

Jack smiles, "yes?" He says, slightly confused. "together" I say, "alone" I say again. Jack simply chuckles at me, "Afraid, little baby?" He asks. 

I roll my eyes, "yes...I am! " I say, sounding a little pissed. Jack lays his arrm around my shoulders. It feel comforting, but I don't know if he should do that, "Mark is not that stupid, (Y/N)" He says, rubbing my upper arm, trying to comfort me.

I nod, "I know, but Kimberley IS that stupid" I say, looking at my feet while walking. Jack pulls me closer to him,  "Don't worry, we'll get back soon and you'll see they're just talking. Maybe Kim already left by then" Jack explains.  

I can hear in his voice that he is not so sure about it either. "Until then, let's have some fun!" He says, pulling his arm back again. 

I give him a fake smile while looking up at him, "yeah" I simply answer, feeling a little better again. Jack sure knows how to cheer someone up, it's really nice. 

We arrive at Alice her farm again, where she sells cheese and milk and stuff.  "hey, Alice!" I say as I enter the store with Jack right behind me. Alice looks away from a customer she was helping and gives me a quick wave before continuing the conversation. 

I want to walk to the normal, cheap, basic cheese, but Jack pulls me towards another kind of cheese. It stinks really bad, and it's looks weird, but Jack seems to like it, "This cheese is sooooo good!" He says, pointing at the smelly cheese. 

I chuckle at him, "I never had it, and it's pretty expensive" I explain. Jack smiles and grabs a small bag of money out of his pocket, "I have money too, ya know!" He says, chuckling at me. 

I cross my arms, "And you're going to pay that just because you want me to try it, don't you?" I say, raising one eyebrow. Jack nods proudly, "yup!" He says before taking the cheese and bringing it to the counter. 

Jack looks at me, "You're gonna love it" He says, full of pride. I chuckle, "We'll see" I say. After Jack paid, we walk out of the store, "Bye, Alice!" Jack and I  both yell before I close the door.