ch. 11 The voice

Time skip to the end of the week

(Y/N) POV

I wake up and sigh in relief, knowing that today, this ass sucking week is finally over. It was only a week, but it felt like a month. 

I look around me, with Mark and Jack nowhere to be seen. I ask myself where they are, until I hear the way too familiar Irish man talking downstairs. 

After yawning, I stretch, put on clothes and walk downstairs. I smile when I see Jack and Mark, sitting at and on the table. They have a piece of bread for me, and some cheese with a cup of milk. 

I sit down on a chair next to the table and start eating. "I'm so excited!!" Mark says, clapping in his cute, tiny hands. I chuckle and swallow my food, "Yeah, me too!" I say before taking another bite out of my breakfast. 

I quickly drink and eat my breakfast, so that we can leave earlier, "Ready to go?" I ask aster I swallowed the last piece of bread. 

Jack and Mark both nod at me. I pick up Mark and put him on my shoulder.  I walk to the front of the store and unlock the door, letting Jack walk out first so that I can lock the door behind him again. 

We walk through the small village, towards the woods again. I have these butterflies in my stomach, but in a bad way. I feel nervous. 'What if I'm not the one? I mean, Mark and I made it through this week, so I have to be right' I ask myself. 

Jack clears his throat, snapping me out of my thoughts, "Are you okay?" He asks. I turn my head to look at him, "yeah..." I lie. Jack shakes his head, "What's going on?" Jack asks, clearly knowing I don't  feel great...'is it that obvious?'

I feel Mark coming from under my hair, and settling down on my shoulder. "I don't really know....I'm just not sure...I think" I say. 

Mark rubs my shoulder with his tiny hand, "It's gonna be okay, I promise" He says. I chuckle, "Don't make promises you can't keep" I say. "I won't" Mark says. 

We arrive in front of the high, grey tower. Jack slams the iron ring on the door a few times, and takes a step back, so that he is next to me again.  After a few seconds, the door opens. I look up to see the wizard, Chadwick Lancelot peeking around the door. 

Chadwick chuckles, "Returned already?" He asks in a sneaky tone. Jack sighs, "it has been a week, Chadwick" He says. Chadwick takes a few steps back, pulling the door with him. 

I follow close behind Jack with Mark on my shoulder. We stand in the middle of the room.  Chadwick settles down on his chair, and pours himself a cup of tea. "So..?" Jack asks impatiently. 

The wizard looks at Jack, "so what?" he asks, acting like nothing is going on. Jack and I sigh, "we made it through a whole week..." I explain. Chadwick lifts his shoulders, "yupp, great job!" He says sarcastically. 

Jack sighs, really annoyed, "Are you gonna change Mark back to normal now?" Jack asks impatient. Chadwick stands up after taking a small sip from his steaming tea, "yes, I will. Just know that the test isn't over yet..." Chadwick says with a devilish grin, plastered on his face. 

Jack and I make eye contact for a second, "w-what do you mean?" I ask, stuttering a little. The crazy wizard chuckles again, "Mark will be back to normal, but, the tests will continue. And if someone can't handle the tests, and wish to leave the other, Mark will be back to this size again" Chadwick explains. 

Mark gets lifted off my shoulder by Jack. I look at Mark, not sure about this whole thing. "A-and for how long?" I ask. Chadwick thinks, "I think....a month or so" He says.