ch. 24 memories

(While I was away, this book hit 1K READS!?!??! WOAHH!!! XD Thanks, you guys!!!)) 

(Y/N) POV

We have been driving for I don't know how long. I'm really thirsty, and Mark's actions made me hungry again. And that was, it feel like, a few hours ago. 

Finally, the carriage stops at a familiar place, but not the village yet. It's the forest the wizard lives in. His tower is nowhere to be seen though, we must be at the other side. 

I step out and see a way to familiar little stream of water where I used to play with some friends when I was young. I haven't been here in ages. A smile takes shape on my lips as the memories fill my head, making me doze off in my thoughts. 

I hear Wilford putting the suitcases off the carriage before Icompletely forget about everything and everyone around me as I walk towards the small brook. I sit down by the streaming water, and watch the small fishes swim against the flow. 

"Earth to (Y/N)" Mark says, sitting beside me and snapping his fingers in front of my face, making me snap in reality again. I blink my eyes a few times, "oh uh, yes! I'm awake" I say with a slight smile. 

Mark chuckles, "What were you thinking about?" he asks. I look in his loving eyes, then back to the water again. I watch it flow smoothly passed the rocks in it's way, "Nothing I was just...thinking about my childhood" I explain. 

I look around in the water, "I used to play here as a kid" I say. I point at a big rock new to the water, "See that one over there?" I ask. I look at Mark and see him nodding. 

I chuckle, "I put it there, with Kimberley" I explain as I lower my hand again. I pull my legs up to my chest and wrap my arms around my legs as I look into the water again, letting the reflection on the sun shine in my face. 

Mark nods, understanding me, "that's so cool" He says excited. I chuckle. "How did you get that there? It's so big!" Mark says. 

I laugh louder, "That's what she said" I say before bursting out into a fit of laughter. "oh my god!!!"  Mark says, laughing with me, "You are the worst!" He yells. 

I smile at him before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Let's go back" Mark says before standing up and holding out his hand for me, wanting him to take it and help me stand up. 

I take his hand and follow him to the carriage. When we arrive, Wilford avoids eye contact with me, and he has an obvious blush on his cheeks, almost matching his fake pink mustache under his nose. 

For a moment, I look questioning at him, but I soon look away from him too. I blush as I realize why Wilford doesn't look in my eyes, which he normally does, 'like a gentleman' 

Mark clears his throat, "Why are we stopping here? The village is just a few minutes away from us!" He asks, looking at Wilford , narrowing his eyes. 

Wilford looks up at Mark, "Because.." He stops his sentence, making place for a nervous chuckle, "I don't go further than this" Wilford says after a few seconds of silence. 

Mark crosses his arms, "You can't go a few inches further? It's just through this small forest! Why don't you go further than this!?" He says, mimicking Wilford's voice, making me look up at him. Mark sounds EXACTLY like Wilford, 'The fuck, what!?' 

Wilford looks away from Mark, at the forest, "I just....I don't"  he says, scratching his neck nervously. 

His body language is just making me question everything about Wilford. 'Why won't he go into the forest?'. I really feel like asking him, but something in me tells me I better don't.