#67

Bold is Thomas talking to you telepathically.

Italics is you talking to Thomas telepathically

<><><>

Thomas and I were telepathic, and to say the least it still weirded me out. That was why neither of us told anyone.

Thomas. I need some advice. Quick.

Wh... ss... wr...

The one time I need your advice, and you can't focus enough to even talk to me? Figures.

The pain was nailing my skull like a Builder with a hammer.

Shut up.

Thank the shucking gods, Thomas.

Is something wrong? Are you okay?

I'm fine. I just noticed that Newt is alone and I really want to talk to him, but I don't know what about.

You're asking me for boy advice?

It appears I am, shank.

Tip number one: don't call the person who is helping you a shank.

Fair enough.

Did you just roll your eyes?

Yes...

It just felt like you did. Anyway, the thing about Newt is that he'll probably be surprised that you're talking to him.

Really?

Yes, really.

So I just have to be chill?

Yup.

Good that.

Good that.

Thanks, I really appreciate this.

Anything for my telepathic buddy.

Oh slinthead, DON'T CALL ME THAT!

STOP SHOUTING! EVERYTHING HURTS!

Okay, bye!

Bye.

I start to walk over to Newt, choosing to ignore the throbbing pain in my head that is starting to spread all over my body.

"Hey Newt!"

"Hey, Y/n. You don't look so good." He looked concerned.

"I don't exactly have a mirror to see whether I'm ugly or not so..." I felt hurt that he would say such a thing.

"No, I mean health wise." Him saying that made me feel so relived, and a blush spread across my cheeks in pure embarrassment. He wouldn't say anything like that. You're such a shank, Y/n! "And you're not ugly. You're quite beautiful."

My blushing intensified and I mumbled, "I'm thanks- I mean- thank you. I'm fine."

"Are you sure that you're feeling up for the Greenie's bonfire?"

"Yep, I wouldn't miss it even if the grievers attacked." I smiled.

"That's good. I was looking forward to spending time with you."

He was being so smooth and confident, and I was a nervous wreck.

He scratched the back of his neck, waiting for a reply. In that moment I realized he was nervous too.

"I was looking forward to spending time with you too."

"Well, see you then, Y/n."

"Bye!"

Thomas! Thomas! Ahh! I'm so excited! I think I have a chance with him!

Congratulations.

You don't sound so thrilled...

I'm running the maze with a blinding headache. You wouldn't be thrilled to be getting telepathic news either.

Sorry, it's just that Newt made me forget about all the pain for a second, and now it's resurfacing.

I winced as I walked over to my hammock.

I'll let you be.

I'm glad things are working out between you and Newt.

He seemed more quiet about sending that thought to me.

Me too.

<><><>

I'm lowkey thinking about turning this into it's own book. I just love the idea of Thomas and Y/n giving each other a lot of advice and sometimes it would work out, and other times it wouldn't.

Plus this was just really fun to write

OH AND GUESS WHAT?! A boy (omg we have the weirdest history ever) said that his favorite movie was the maze runner and I was silently like "YES YOU GO DUDE"

+ I got my copy of The Fever Code!! Yes, yes, yes!!!

-anneequah