5 | rollercoaster

"Newt!" I whined.

"What?" He teasingly asked. I wanted to hit him just because of the tone in his voice.

"I don't wanna go on the rollercoaster!" I stamped my feet into the ground, but nonetheless he dragged me along. We entered the end of the line and I cried out desperately,
"Please! Please, Newt!"

He pulled me close to him and he wrapped his arms around me. I scowled as he chuckled. He kissed the top of my head and intertwined our fingers, swinging our arms back and forth.

* * *

"Newt!!" I hyperventilated. I was having a legitimate panic attack.

"Shh! Calm down!!" He attempted to maintain a composed expression, but snickers escaped his lips. I was too afraid to glare at him and we sat down on the ride. He became a little bit more serious and told me it was going to be okay.

"Newt," I squirmed around in the death trap of a seat and he held onto my hand. He tried to give me a reassuring smile, but it barely dented the gut wrenching feeling of fear that was growing in my stomach.

With a jolt the ride slowly started to move forward.

"Newt!" I shouted, gripping his hand so tightly it most likely left marks.

"Y/n," he laughed, "it's not a very scary ride."

"Well I'm scared anyway!!" I retorted, gaining the slightest bit of my sarcasm back.

We rode up and up and up.

I felt my heart beating rapidly in my chest and the carts went down, down, down. A high pitched scream escaped my lips. Newt was laughing so hard that he was crying. I continued my never ending screech.

* * *

He wiped his tears away as we stumbled out of the rollercoaster car.

"Y/n, how was it?"

I glared at him with a burning passion of hatred.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad." He smirked.

"You owe me!" I squinted my eyes at him and pointed at him accusingly.

"What do I owe you?"

"Ice cream. Obviously." I rolled my eyes jokingly and we walked hand in hand to the little ice cream shop nearby.

"You know what we should do next?" He asked after he took a bite of his flamboyant blue ice cream.

"What?" I asked.

"Ride another-"

"No," yelled, hitting his arm, "one was plenty!"

He laughed and we continued to eat ice cream, grinning the whole time.

I think I wrote this when I was afraid of roller coasters, but now I love them. Lol

-anneequah

Edited: 11/18/16