Chapter 24: My Miracle

Börja om från början

"You misunderstood big time the first time you saw me twirling Jade in the air and me bringing her into my arms for a big hug. She wasn't excited to see me or anything, she was just so excited that her experimented samples came out a positive. Her research came bearing fruits, that's what made her so happy. But you thought of it as something else, then all that happened."

Experiment samples? I think I recall Jade talking to me about that at some point.

"After you had your heart attack, we rushed you to the ER and called for Dr. Brown since he knew your case better than any of us. It's a shocker for most of us, aside from Jade, because we didn't know that your heart problem was that serious. Guess Jade didn't want it out and did her research just for you in secret. Of course, I helped her along the way, but she wouldn't tell me much of the details. She placed your health problem first."

Jade has done so much for me without me even knowing about it. I knew she was researching on cures for certain diseases, but I didn't know I was her number one priority. Sometimes, Jade isn't really good at expressing her true intentions. That's why I keep teasing her for her to tell me things honestly.

"She sometimes does experiments or tests that I have no knowledge of, but I still continue to help her. Jade is a genius in the medical field. I'm glad she chose this as her major other than something else trivial. It was good timing that the test results came out a positive at the right time, we fixed up the drug and immediately sent it through your system."

A new drug was injected inside me? Is that safe?!

"We haven't tested it out on anything live, and don't know the side effects. But all we know is that it'll cure you. And it did! The drug was a success! And knowing that you, our first patient to ever use the drug on lives and is healthy, this'll soon hit the media and Jade will be famous. She did all this for you. If we hadn't came out with positive results, you would have either taken longer in the hospital with a coma, or could have died in just a couple of days. You're Jade's miracle, Chris."

No... Jade's my miracle, and I'm very lucky to have her and very lucky to have her love someone like me. Luke has always pissed me off, since I know he's good-looking and way more nicer than me, so I was always afraid that Jade would leave me for someone better. But I need to trust in Jade more, because she has proved to me so many times that she chooses me. Not Luke, not Fredrick, not anyone else, but me.

"I'm glad you're alive too Chris. Loosing you could mean loosing Jade as well. She loves you too much to think about any other guy beside her. Even when you were out cold, she was always thinking and worrying about you. She stayed by your side and kept praying for you to fight through this. And you did. You are one lucky man, and I am very envious of that. I accept defeat and acknowledge that Jade is indeed yours. But, can I at least stay her friend?" he asks of me gently.

I can see it in his expression that he still loves Jade very much and that it's painful for him to give up on her, but I can also feel the sincerity in his tone that he really means what he's asking of me. I sigh, but flash him an honest smile, "Alright. Since I owe you one as well for working on the drug together with her to save me, I'll hear you out on this just once. I'll tell Jade she can continue to work here, and continue to stay friends with you. On one condition though!" I warn him.

"Anything man! You name it!" he smiles excitedly.

"Do not. I repeat, DO NOT get intimate with her! If I see anything intimate between the both of you again, I'll give you more than just a bruised up face."

Luke chuckles, "Alright, fine... I'll try..."

"What was that?"

"Sorry... Sorry... I will. ... Can I still hug her though?"

"NO! Hugs aren't allowed either!"

"Dang... Alright Chris... I'll heed your words."

"Thanks Luke."

"Nah... Don't mention it. And oh!" he says as he walks towards my table and pulls the drawer and pulled out an iPad and earphones, "Jade brought this along and told me to let you know of it in case you get bored. She's working on a new assignment now, and I skipped out on mine cause I wanted to have this talk with you."

"Ah... Bad Luke!" I laugh at him, but thank him for giving me my iPad back. I then set it beside me as I then focus on my breakfast, but say one last thing, "Thanks for explaining things to me Luke. It helps. It helps a lot."

"Happy to help Chris. Oh and just press the nurse call button when you're done with breakfast."

"Alright. Thanks."

"No problem." We wave each other a goodbye and I then concentrate on my food.

As I take my time to eat, I scroll to the gallery in my iPad as I see some pictures of me in a coma. I wonder who took these? Would Jade do so? Then, I came upon a video. I pushed play, and the first few frames were of someone walking down the hall. I see men's shoes. I wonder if it's Luke? Then his face came in view. Yep! Spoke too soon! Haha!

He started speaking in a low voice, "Chris, if you're awake and find this video, know this: I am taking this as a little evidence for you or something like that. Jade cares for you and loves you very much. Never doubt her love for you. You'll see in a moment."

The video then shifts from his face to a door. He then slowly opens the door to reveal my room. I am hooked up to a lot of stuff while I am sleeping still on the bed. Beside me, sitting on a chair, but holding my hand as she sleeps, was Jade.

"This is the sixteenth day you've been in a coma, and she's been like this every single time she comes to visit you. You are really loved Chris." Luke whispers in the video, and it then finishes. It made me want to cry just seeing Jade suffer so much because of my stupid outburst. But I'm glad everything is alright now.

Thanks for fighting for me Jade...

____________________________

Hey Guys!!!

Luke and Chris had a talk. Aww... Things are a little bit on the brighter side now. And I guess this is the first chapter without Jade in it. Well, except for the video on the iPad... But that does not count!!! XD

Thanks and Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan ;*