Team Five

Arabella's POV

Iruka talked about how we were going to be divided into three-man-squads. (That he chose.) And they would be who we are working with for at least the next two years.

"Team Five will be, Ryuu Karaka." I heard all the girls hold their breathe. "Ayleen Walsh."

"YES!"

"And Arabella Haruno."

"NO!"

"Nice." Ryuu smiled at me.

I nodded and looked at Ayleen who was talking to Merritt about things. I chose not to listen because she kept saying Ryuu's name and then saying mine with disgust.

"Team Six will be..." Iruka kept talking until he set down his clipboard. "I hope you all cooperate in your teams. Come back here after lunch, your instructors should be here by then." He smiled at us before the first kids ran out the door.

"Hey! Arabella! Wait!"

I stopped as I was about to walk out the door. "Yea, Ryuu?"

"Want to eat lunch together? You know, because we're team mates now." He asked, flashing me one of the bright smiles that make the other girls sigh loudly.

I shrugged. "Sure, if you want. Ayleen is going to want to eat with us as well."

He sighed and smiled. "I know. But I don't care what she does. I'm only concerned about you."

Well, shoot...

I nodded again. "Okay. Here she comes." I said as I heard Ayleen's footsteps behind us. I turned around to face her, so did Ryuu. "Yes." I said as she opened her mouth.

She looked at me in utter confusion.

"Yes you can eat with Ryuu." I said.

"How did you-"

"You're very predictable." I said with a soft smile. "Come on. I know a great spot to hang out and eat." I turned and began walking. I heard Ryuu and Ayleen following, Ryuu walking behind me with Ayleen close behind him. My hearing has gotten a lot better along with all my other senses. And I've become very observant and I learned that everyone has a unique way they walk. Even if the difference is small, it's always there. I think I'll challenge Sting or Rogue once they find a way to get here. Wait till they see what I can do!

~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, I heard that you were just found in the forest with no memory a month ago. Is that true?" Ryuu asked.

We were on a rooftop and sitting in a small circle facing each other. This was unintentional, it just happened as we sat down. Ryuu to my left and Ayleen to my right.

I nodded in answer to his question and swallowed the rice ball I had in my mouth. "Sakura and her team found me and brought me here."

"Do you ever want to go back to your real home?" Ayleen asked.

I shrugged. "Yes. But I have no clue how." I said. It was the truth after all. "I do remember things, but not exact details like what town I was from."

"Is Arabella your real name?" Ryuu asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah. It's what I've been called for the last month. I don't know any other name that could be my own." I shoved another rice ball into my mouth. All these questions, and the atmosphere didn't make this a cheerful meal.

"We need to be back in an hour, so I think we can practice a bit." Ayleen said as she stood up, done with her food.

Ryuu and I looked at each other. We both had more food, but we silently decided to not continue eating. We closed up our bags and put our lunch into scrolls. Then we stood up.

"To training ground five?" Ryuu said. "It's a relatively easy field with moving dummies. We can see each other's skills."

Ayleen nodded. "You'll definitely think I'm the best out of this team once you see my special jutsu." Then she jumped down to the street.

Ryuu and I followed her down as I was freaking out. I didn't have any special jutsu! All I knew was the basic ones from the academy. Well, maybe I could use one of my spells, using my magic. But that would be to risky... I need to practice controlling it somehow.

"What're you thinking about?" Ryuu asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him and shrugged. "Just deciding which jutsu I should show you guys." I said.

"I can't wait to see it." He smiled.

I nodded and looked ahead of us. I was perfectly content in letting Ayleen have Ryuu. But he seemed pretty intent on getting me to like him. I couldn't do that, eve if I wanted to. I wouldn't want to leave him and feel broken because I got attached to him so deeply.

"Okay! You better be ready because I'm about to blow you all away!" Ayleen said once we got the training field and we got into positions that we would be safe. She looked at Ryuu and her arm was pulled way back. "Wind Release Slash!" She said and her arm went across her body as fast as possible.

I looked at the dummies, seeing nothing until they began falling over or being cut in half. My eys widened as the movement stopped

How did she do that? Wind, obviously. Ayleen turned around, a grin ever present in her face. She was proud of herself.

"See that Ryuu? Wasn't that awesome?"

I looked at Ryuu as he nodded. "I'm next." He said, shaking his hands.

Ayleen and I stepped back as he stepped forward. "Great Fireball Jutsu!"

I was not prepared for large fire to come out of his mouth. It blackened the dummies, the nearest turned to ash.

"That was amazing!" Ayleen said as she clapped.

Ryuu turned around and smiled. "Thanks. Your turn, Ara."

I nodded and stepped forward. What do I do?!! I thought of what I knew, and what I've seen Team Seven do. I looked down at my hands and did the Dragon hand sign.

Could I do it? I do have more control over it, and it's not like those dummies can get any worse.

"Death Orb." I said softly and held my hand out in front of me. I waited until it solidified and landed in my hand. Then I used my chakra and pushed it away, aiming it at the dummy furthest away who was barely got hit by anything.

"What was that?!" Ayleen shrieked.

Oh shoot...