Without a Hall

Rogue's POV

Great. We have a new member. But now, we have no guild hall and we apparently lost all the paperwork Sting was working on. He's complaining because he doesn't want to do it all over again. I actually don't blame him. It was alot of work.

Andrea said she was happy to help us rebuild. I hope she doesn't blame herself. I've heard whispers that some people blame Andrea for it because Screaming Banshie is after her. Some people, like Sting and me, never even thought that it could be her fault.

"Hey, Rogue! You in there?" Sting yelled.

I nodded with a sigh. "Yeah, yeah. I am."

"Good." Sting smiled. "Do you want to change up the design for the guild hall, or keep it as it was?"

I shrugged. "Depends on what the changes are."

"I was thinking of three floors of rooms, sort of like how it was before. And the main floor with a bar here. Kitchen here, basement entrance here. And maybe part of the basement could cut off into a game room or something."

I nodded, just realizing he was drawing on a really big piece of paper with half a red crayon.

"I kinda like it. But we can't put to much stuff down there. It's gonna hold up all the weight of the building. And we need an infirmary that is easy to get to. So no complicated stairs or thin hall." I said.

Sting nodded. "Yeah. Makes sense. I'm glad you're helping me." He smiled.

I smiled slightly and nodded.

"So, on the first floor, right over here?" Sting asked as he drew something on the wall over by the crude stairway to the next floor.

"Want to use a pencil. By any chance?" I said.

He shrugged. "Maybe. I just couldn't find one. And I didn't want to go looking for one to." He smiled slightly.

I rolled my eyes. "Want me to go look for one? Not like it will be very hard."

"Really? You'd do that?" His face seemed to light up. "That'd be great. Thanks!"

I nodded. Probably wanted me to the whole time. I reached into my pocket and pulled one out. "Found one."

"What!" Sting said. "Are you serious? How long was that there?"

I nodded and handed it to him. "I forgot it last time I helped you in your office."

He sighed and smiled at me. "Thanks."

"Welcome." I responded.

Andrea's POV

I managed to sneak away from the large crowd of my new guild members. I heard them saying the attack was my fault. Was it? I kicked a stone I found on the ground and put my hands in my pants pockets. I needed to think. I needed to be alone for a while.

"Hello, Andrea."

What part of alone did you not understand?!

I turned around to see a man walking towards me.

"Hi. Now goodbye." I said and turned back around before walking again. I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. And it felt like it didn't want to move. I turned back to look to see the man had a hood pulled up over his eyes. I could still see bits of silver hair so I assumed he was old.

I twisted to try and get him hand off of me. I couldn't magic him away because my magic was binded. His hand didn't move. His grip just got tighter.

"What do you want!" I yelled. I didn't mean to sound rude, but I think I did. I was just kinda mad. I needed to be alone so I could think and cool down.

"Now, now Andrea." He said. "No need to be fiesty. I just want to talk."

"And I want to be alone. And apparently we both aren't getting what we want. Goodbye." I used my hands and pushed his hand off me before turning around.

"Would you really risk the Exceed's life?"
I stopped in my tracks there. "What do you mean?"

"Drago, Lector, and Frosch. Would you risk their life or listen to me and agree." He said with a smile.

"I still don't exactly understand." I said slowly.

"Come with me." He waved and turned around.

I gulped and slowly moved to follow. What's the worst that could happen? I could get kidnapped by Screaming Banshie. I could accidently sign up to kill my friends or the whole guild. Or I could die. Go figure.