Techniques

A/N: I hope you liked that. What did Arthur do to Rogue and Samantha? Find out next chapter: Rescue Team Hotel
Also! Before anyone tells me, I am aware that there is no L in the Japanese Language or whatever. I've had some people chastise me for not sticking to the Japanese "No L thing". Her name is going to remain Arabella, or just Ara.

Andrea's POV

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to understand over half of what Iruka-sensei was telling everyone. So I didn't listen. Well, I heard him. It just went one ear and out the other. I read one of the scrolls Sakura gave me. It was about five different techniques that I should learn.

There's the Body Replacement Technique, or the Substitution Jutsu. It was activated with the signs Tiger, Boar, Ox, Dog, then Snake. I would be able to avoid any enemy attack and they wouldn't know until after they attacked!

Next there's the Cloak of Invisibility Technique. I could take any cloth and have it  match my surroundings. Then if I covered myself with it I would be virtually invisible.

Then there's the Clone Technique. Which I've already learned mostly.

The Rope Escape Technique would make me an unbelievable escape artist back home. But it looked difficult.

Last, there's the Transformation Technique. It would allow me to turn into anyone I wanted. It was used with the signs: Dog, Boar, and Ram. But it would be the hardest one to do because of the large amounts of chakra needed. I think I can handle it though.

I was going to practice these back at home. Maybe sneak out once Sakura falls asleep and practice on my own somewhere. That wouldn't be to hard to do. Wait... I called it home. I set down the scroll and smiled to myself. I guess it was for now.

"You're turn Ara."

I looked at Iruka as he motioned me to the front of the class. I walked up and he stood in front of me.

"Show me the... Clone Jutsu." He said. He apparently was testing everyone. And it was my turn. What was he testing us for, exactly? Well, whatever it was, I should probably do my best.

I nodded and got ready before doing the signs and concentrating. "Clone Jutsu!" I said and heard two puffs beside me. I looked left and right and saw two copies of me standing there. They looked pretty good!

"Good. Work on getting a third one. Go back to your seat and don't pick up another scroll until class is over." He said sharply.

I sighed and nodded as I turned and went back to my seat. As Iruka called the next person up, I lost interest again. I say down and starred at the front. The kid after me had to do the Subsitution Jutsu on a log Iruka brought it. It was already battered, probably from the other students to do it.

"Okay!" Iruka-sensei barked. "Now that we are done with that- What is it Merrit?"

I turned to look at a girl with two brown pigtails. "I'm terribly sorry, but it's time for lunch."

I looked at the clock and smiled. Lunch! I could go and practice in my own!

"Okay. Go injoy your lunch. Ara! Stay back a bit."

I flopped back down in my seat as Iruka-sensei added that. I waited until everyone was gone and the door closed. I looked up and Iruka smiled at me.

"How was that for your first day? I bet you'd rather read Sakura's scrolls all day, huh?" He said as he walked up to me and sat down next to me.

I nodded. "But practice is good. Books are different than real life. And it's good to have muscle memory of each jutsu." I said.

Iruka-sensei looked impressed. "Good. Not many people understand that concept."

"Sakura has a lot of things to read." Was my excuse. Should I have said that?

"Did you bring your own lunch? Because I remember the school lunches are not trustworthy."

I shook my head. "Are they that bad?"

"They might've improved. But from the many home lunches, I'm guessing not."

I nodded. "So, why did I have to stay behind?"

"Just wanted to see how you were handling all of this." He said. "And seeing it you needed any help with catching up."

"That would actually be great." I said with a small smile.

"Okay. From what I see you reading, you know the basic signs. At least what they look like. Show me U, Hare."

And we went like this all of lunch. Apparently the kids took forever to be done with lunch so I got extra practice time.

A few girls turned to glare at me just before class started up again. What did I do to offend them? Not like I'm hanging out with any-shoot...

I looked around the room and my eyes locked with emerald green ones. They belonged to a boy with red hair, glasses and a flirty smirk. I nodded in his direction, now knowing why I was getting glares from girls.

After more practice and teaching, class was over for the day! I jumped out of my seat and rushed out with the crowd. I looked around for Sakura only to feel two hands grab my arms and walk me in the opposite direction. I looked to try and see who it was.

Two girls, obviously. One blonde in two pigtails and the other was the Merrit girl. Oh boy.

Once it got quieter, they let me go and I wheeled around to face them. Merrit grabbed my bag, yanking it so I stumbled back and she wrenched it off my back.

"Who do you think you are?" The blonde asked.

I stayed silent, waiting to hear what she had against me.

"You come here out of the blue and into our class. You sit in the back and act like you're to cool to be here. Then you get over half the boys to like you! And you haven't even said a word to them!"

"Must be her eyes." Merrit said. "They're ruby red. Boys like girls with unique features like that."

"Should we get rid of them?"

"Turn them black."

That's when I decided I overstayed. I took a step back only for Merrit to go behind me and grab my arms. I tried to control myself and remain calm. I can't suddenly kill them. I would be a gonner.

I struggled still, focusing my magic into my hands and feeling the magic build up there. As long as I didn't kill the, I would be fine. If I burned them, that's something I can get away with. I waited and stepped back suddenly, stepping on Merrit's foot and having her let go. Then I shot at the blonde. She dodged but it got her pigtail, making it seemingly disappear.

I just burned her hair.

I grabbed my bag and broke into a run before they recovered and realised what happened.

Was red eyes really that unique? Was it seriously a big deal here? I needed to learn to fight better. If I can't handle two school girls, I certainly can't handle any other people. I'll ask Sakura to help me train.