Orphan

As soon as the jet lands, Dr.Cho along with her nurses runs towards Merly and Clint and place them on more proper medical beds.

Agent Hill lets out a shocked gasp when she finally catches a glimpse of Merly's body. She knew that they had found her barely alive, but she never really thought her body would've been that damaged.

Everyone piles out of the jet, Tony and Bruce head to the lab to inspect the Sceptre while Natasha and Thor follow the nurses.

"Lab's all set up, boss." Agent Hill tells Tony. He points to Steve. "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler." He says before following Bruce to the lab.

Steve rolls his eyes. "What's the word on Strucker?"
"NATO's got him."

"The two enhanced?" He asks.
Hill hands him a tablet with the information on the twins. "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"Their abilities?" Steve asks referring to their unexpected combat.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Hill explains and Steve just looks at her funny. She sighs and rephrases the statement so he can understand. "He's fast and she's weird."

Steve nods. "Well, they're going to show up again."

"Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts." She says while showing him a file of rumored failed experiments.

"Is there anything else on his experiments?" Steve asks and Hill understands that he needs to know for sure if Merly was experimented on or not.

She looks around to see if anyone might over hear them before dragging him into an empty office. "We found a highly classified locked file from HYDRA shortly after you guys took it down."

She hands him an old worn file.
"What's this?" Steve asks confused as he stares at the file that is nearly empty.

"Merly found it at an old HYDRA base in Germany." She adds as he looks through the vague information. "Did Strucker do this?" Steve asks nodding towards the images.

"No. The dates are from almost a hundred years ago." She says pointing to the last date marked on the file.

"Then how does this relate to Strucker?" Steve asks now impatient from Hill's vague answers.

She nods towards the ultrasound images, which is something far more advanced for 100 years ago. "What does that look like to you?"

"A baby?" Steve answers but it comes out more as a question.

"Strucker chose moslty orphans. And that file is from nearly 100 years ago. Who's the only orphan we know from the 1900's that's still alive?

Steve stares at her in shock and realization. "Her."

********

After a few minutes of arguing, Steve continues to pace around the empty office. "There's no way she's part of HYDRA." He says running a through his hair.

"Steve we are still not sure on whether or not she is, but it is most likely that Strucker had a similar theory. Which is probably why he took her." Hill says crossing her arms. She knew telling him would be a bad idea, but seeing the situation they're in, she didn't really have a choice.

"Maybe it's just a coincidence, and that child is someone else." Steve says pointing a hand at the file.

Hill rolls her eyes at him but completely understands him. "That's one hell of a coincidence to ignore."

"What did she say about this?"

"She said it could possibly explain her extra abilities, considering she had a much smaller dose of the serum." Hill answers.

"Why didn't she tell me about this sooner?" Steve huffs while frustratedly pacing.

"She ordered us to put it aside until after she found Barnes." Hill informs him.

Steve turns to her confused. "Us?"

"Me and Romanoff." She answers and Steve scoffs. "This is getting real tiring, you know." Steve says referring to the fact that lately everyone has been keeping secrets from one another.

"Everything she does is for the safety of you and others. She said that looking into that file might do more harm than good." Hill explains in an attempt to calm down the super soldier.

"Let's hope it doesn't affect the team." Steve says before exiting the room.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°
Sorry if this chapter sucks.

Although this is part of the story is true, her real origin is quite confusing.

Don't forget to vote, comment.  Feedback is always useful 👍