Chapter 23

I stepped into my car, never looking back at his and started it up. I acted like I was searching for something in my purse in the mean time, while he drove away.

I didn't want to look at him anymore. I felt tears building in my eyes and knew if I looked at him, they would become a volcano of water spilling out.

I didn't want him to see the pain I was feeling. I knew I didn't have any control over the situation at hand. He was my boss and I was his secretary. That's how it would be, nothing more. I had to focus on that.

I turned the car off, cause the volcano erupted when he was out of sight. I knew it would be awhile to calm down and rethink my priorities.

When I got home and took a shower. I looked into the mirror afterwards. My face was all blotchy red, from the 20 minute crying binge I had in the car. I was ok though and felt a lot better afterwards. I thought a lot on how I would work with him for now on. I definitely will not be talking to him, only if need be and very minimal.

I will also avoid any eye contact as possible, cause I know if I look at him my female anatomy will scream at me to talk to him. I also needed to figure out what I am to Levi. I didn't mind having fun with the man and he treated me so wonderful. In my head we are both using each other and I needed to find out if he is wanting a real relationship with me or not.

I got out of the bathroom and got dressed into my sleep clothes for the night. Turned on the TV and picked the phone up to call Levi. His phone went straight to voice mail and I hung up. I didn't know what to say on it.

I held my phone in my hand and stared at it for a while, thinking of a decent message to leave without sounding to needy. I wanted to see him, talk to him, make love to him right then, just to get my mind off Liam.

I dialed the number again and had a message ready in my head to leave. It started to ring this time and I suddenly forgot what my message was going to be.

He answered.

"Sierra?"

I couldn't talk!! Hearing his voice on the other line made time freeze at that moment and I couldn't breathe either.

Say something!!! I screamed in my head. To much time of silence went by and he asked again.

"Sierra are you ok?"

Awkward silence.

"What's wrong?"

More silence.

"Talk to me, I'm here."

I took in air finally, after hearing him say he was here for me. I felt so safe and loved hearing those words. He waited so patiently for me to respond on the other end. Holding back more tears I answered him.

"Um, I'm sorry Levi, how are you?"

He could sense the sadness in my voice.

"Are you ok? You don't sound to good."

I was going to cut him off, but he continued pleading to me.

"I am so sorry about this morning. I really did have a important client to meet up with. He had an emergency hearing. I planned on enjoying the morning with you before you headed to work. I called your desk to talk to you more about it, but you were all ready gone for the day. So I figured I would come by and see you tomorrow sometime instead. Are you upset with me?"

My heart melted hearing the sensitivity in his voice and the concern he had about the way I was feeling. I started to feel real guilty talking to him about his brother, and forgot all about the letter this morning. I decided to give him some details of my day, but not all of it of course, so that he would know I was not upset with him.

"I'm ok, I just had a long day in Mr. Knuls office. One of the templates for a company got messed up and we both had to rewrite the whole thing. It took a while to finish. I guess I'm just a little tired that's all."

"Oh, that makes sense, you would be tired after being in my office all day too." He said, laughing on the other end.

I didn't get his little joke at first and he caught I wasn't laughing with him. He calmed down his laugh to say something, but I replied back fast enough to avoid any more questions about how I was feeling.

"Oh, your funny Levi. Hey, so you were going to see me tomorrow? At work or after?"

"I planned on after your shift. You want to go out to the Blue Piano again? I would love to take you there." He said lovingly.

He knew that was my favorite place to have dinner. He was so persuasive and he was so hard to say no to. I didn't want to go out to another dinner for a while after what had happened. I did want to see him though. Maybe if I start spending more time with him, it will make my plans for work more bearable.

"That would be nice Levi, see you at my desk then by 5, right?" I said in a flirtatious voice.

"Oh you know you will."

"Goodnight Levi."

"Goodnight beautiful."