Chapter 15

I heard her foot steps getting closer to the deck. Right about the time she reached the sliding glass door, I could hear a phone ringing. I was guessing she answered it, cause I could hear her faintly talking on the other line.

"Hello."

Silence

"Oh, What do YOU want." She sounded pissed off, to who ever it was calling her.

Silence

"I guess that will be ok, see you there." She said all snotty, but in a better mood then she was, when she first answered it.

Silence

Foot steps walking away

I let out the breathe I was holding and sat up. The feeling of being under Mr. Knuls sheets was pure heaven. There were two sets of silk sheets and a huge comforter on top that made it so warm to be under. I thought about laying there for a while to enjoy it, but had to snap out of that real quick.

WTF!! Are you thinking? Just get dressed and get out!! I yelled to myself.

While I was getting dressed, I pondered what she might think, if she did come in and find me in his bed naked. Maybe she would've left the poor guy alone, knowing he was sleeping with his secretary. I wished she did come in after thinking that. I'm sure Mr. Knuls wouldn't have mind and probably even get a kick out of it. I laughed to myself about that, while grabbing the box and headed out of the house.

Before getting in to the car, it occurred to me, I never did check to see if there was a ring in the box. I decided to head home and check it there, just in case someone was watching me.

I got home and flopped on the couch. I was tired and needed a nap. I got curious again though and took the box out of my purse. I opened it and the most amazing ring I had ever seen was sparkling with diamonds and a ruby right smack in the middle.

My mouth dropped, it must have been worth a fortune. I got scared just holding it after that. I wondered what it was for? Did he ask her to marry him? What kind of a girl would give up a ring like this? Why did he say it was his? So many unanswered questions.

I was determined to keep my job at all cost. Part of my job was to keep Mr. Knuls comfortable. The other, was to not talk unless spoken to. I convinced myself that this was none of my business and to not ask any questions.

It got late after waking up from  my short nap. I decided to relax and watch a scary movie. I popped in the movie Legion and grabbed a strawberry Smirnoff Ice out of the fridge, while the previews were playing. I got back to the couch and pulled a blanket over me, as the movie started.

I was right at the scary part of the movie. When the old lady was telling the waitress her baby was going to burn, when I heard a knock at the door. My heart flew out of my chest just then. I fell off the couch and spilled my drink all over my blanket.