Chapter 13

I winded up getting out of the elevator, but before I made it to the doors to my office, I heard a man and women talking. When I got closer, before opening the doors, I noticed the talking was more like arguing instead. I opened the doors and Mr. Knuls was holding a women's arm walking her right towards me. They passed me quickly out of the doors still arguing.

I gathered from their conversation, that she wasn't supposed to be here without an appointment and to never come here again. Also something about next time she attempts this, she will be escorted out by security instead. She looked very familiar. I started to think it looked a lot like that Cristy women.

I was so scared when he came back. I was worried he'd scold me for being late, on top of him having to deal with that woman on his own.

I sat at my desk turning on the computer and unlocking my drawers when he came back in. He didn't even look at me. He had an annoyed look on his face though and fast walked to my desk, grabbing the drink, then went strait to his office without a word.

I let out a deep breathe. I was holding my breathe the whole time he walked in. He was so masculine, even when he was annoyed, he still looked so sure of himself. I was so relieved he didn't say anything to me. I think I would have told him right then and there the truth about last night, on how frighten I was of him.

He always had me so nervous when we were in the same room together. I have never seen him so annoyed before and that just made things worse.

"Sierra, lock your drawers and come to the office please." The intercom went off with his gravelly voice, 30 minutes later. He didn't sound angry, he actually sounded like his normal self. Which was a relief.

He never before has asked me to lock my drawers though, unless we were leaving for the day.

"That's it Sierra, say good-bye to your dream job." I whispered to myself, before I got my drawers locked and headed to his office.

I walked in and he was sitting on the couch, looking at the ground rubbing his neck. I got to the edge of the couch and turned towards him ready for the worst.

He was looking at the ground like he lost something. I felt so sorry for him at that moment for some odd reason. I took in a deep breathe. I planned to be as truthful as I could be and spill the beans about yesterday, I just couldn't lie to this man.

"Sir, look I'm so-" I started, but he cut me off.

"No don't say anything, I understand about today. My brother can be a handful I know." He chuckled to himself and continued still looking at the ground. "He has even been known to be reported of kidnapping a women once she had not showed up to work without a call."

He finally looked up at me with the most amazing award winning smile. "That's not why I asked you to come in. I am going to need you to go out to my beach house today and retrieve a ring for me."

He scooted closer to the edge of the couch where my hands were placed and put one of his on mine. "Cristy came in this morning as you saw and demanded to have her ring back."

He squeezed my hand a little to get a good grip on to it. I held his heavy hand in mine concerned for him as he talked. He now looked a bit concerned.

"Ah, well its not her ring, long story. Anyway I need you to get it and keep it for me. I'm afraid of her family and what they might do."

He got up and stepped closer to me with his hand still in mine. He put his other hand over both of them.

He looked me into my eyes and suddenly his words were becoming faint. He was such a brawny man, it was like he was a body builder for a living. He towered over me. His eyes were the lightest brown I have ever seen, almost twinkling at me while he talked. I was trying to listen. but the tickling in my abdomen was so over whelming. I felt my hairs of my arms go up as goose bumps started to form. He was so close to me when he was talking as well, which made things worse for me.

"I know it's not something to ask a secretary to do, but I assure you, you will be safe. No one knows if I have the ring or not. I have been saying I pawned it long time ago. If you were to keep it, it would be safe and nobody would suspect you ever having it. They have been bugging Levi and Tanya so far because they are family to me."

Coming out of my disoriented state, I responded with a caring smile.

"Yes Mr.Knuls, I can do that for you."