Chapter 22

After devouring the steak, I didn't want the night to end, so I asked for dessert. He laughed at me for eating so much. I ordered a brownie, that was covered with ice cream and chocolate sauce. When the waitress placed in front of me, I noticed his eyes got big and he licked his lips.

"Mmm, that looks good Sierra." He said slowly, in his gravelly voice.

I cut a small piece of brownie on my spoon and held it up to my mouth. I turned slightly towards him.

"You want some?" I asked with a smirk, then I placed it in my mouth all seductive.

His eyes were no longer on my dessert, but on my mouth instead. I noticed his lower half moving adjusting himself, the same way he did after that kiss he gave me at my apartment. He looked away real quick towards another table with a couple eating.

"No, I'm good." He responded, with a smile and took a sip of his beer.

I chuckled and continued eating. He finished his last beer, about the time I finished my dessert and he asked for the check. He drove us back to the building's garage and he parked next to my car. As I waited for him to open the door, I got a jolt of courage to ask him the dying question at hand.

I stepped out after he opened the door for me. He shut the door behind me, but I didn't move and looked up at him.

"Liam?"

I placed one hand on his massive chest and my other hand went under his forearm and I continued.

"I had a nice time tonight, I was wonder-" He cut me off, with his hand engulfing my face and his thumb covering my lips.

"Sshh." He hushed me, while staring at my lips and then his thumb moved slightly to my cheek. He came down and engulfed my lips, kissing me slowly.

Right at that moment I forgot what the hell I was going to ask him or even why for that matter. I kissed him back, wrapping my lips around his lower one and then back up to his upper lip. I moaned into his mouth and my legs felt like they were losing feeling. He wrapped his other hand around my back and pushed me into him. My breast were exploding with pleasure as it was pressed into his muscular chest. He must have felt them erect, cause right then he let go of my lips and let out a breathe.

His face went into my neck and kissed it gently, traveling up to my ear. I felt his breathe, as he whispered in it.

"I know what your wanting Sierra, I'm wanting it too."

He slid his hands down from my back, to almost the top of my ass. He squeezed me with his fingers, letting out a groan like sound.

"It's hard to control myself around you, but we can't, we just can't."

His forehead came down on my shoulder under my hair for a minute, while I waited for him to say something else.

Maybe a why? or a fuck it, who cares, lets do this. Even a what about my brother kind of thing?

But nothing. Just silence instead.

He might be waiting for me to say something, but it was so hard to think, with his massive body leaning on me, crushing me into the car. It felt good to have his weight on me and I wanted to at least do something for him, since he was feeling so conflicted right at that moment. I ran my fingers in his hair and rubbed his neck.

"Forget it, I'm just being stupid."

He let out another breath and his head came up, finally looking at me. The heat came back in my chest, looking in his light camel brown eyes, when he spoke. He pushed back a small piece of my hair that was in my eye, from his head coming out of it. With a reassuring look he replied.

"Your not stupid Sierra, your a very smart women. I'm the one that is stupid. I shouldn't be doing this. I don't want to hurt you. You deserve so much better." He came back down again, giving me a peck on my cheek and continued now with a more direct tone.

"I don't think we should see each other outside the office anymore."

His last sentence stunned me. I didn't want to hear that. It hurt and felt like he just stabbed me in the heart. We have always have had a nice friendly relationship. I didn't want to lose his company after work or our conversations we would have about the drinks I picked out and the clients that got angry. All that would be gone between us if that happened. He let go of me and walked slowly to the drivers side of his car, without looking back.

Please come back Liam! Look at me! Say something! I screamed in my head, but no words came out.

I got angry and then my anger turned more into understanding. He was right. We couldn't ever be a couple, as long as I worked for him. It would be unprofessional and probably annoying to be working with your man all day, giving you orders anyway. I would have to quit my dream job and he was a busy man.

What if I never did see him like I do now? What if he got himself another secretary and then I'd be a stupid jealous women.

Before he got into his car though, I turned towards my own and grabbed the handle of the door. While opening it, without looking back I responded professionally.

"Your right Mr.Knuls."