027 | total eclipse

Another of my sucky drafts.. it's also a sad imagine. Ladies and
gentlemen, grab your tissues. Also, comment on here if you
want me to update on this book a little more frequently
instead of time to time? Thank you :)

S H A W N

Why was love so hard? Didn't the feelings that people shared between each other were enough to make them last forever? Maybe it was the things that slip through, or the negatives about it. Camila should have known they were falling apart the second he stopped coming home at night for late studio sessions. She knew he never made time for her—it was almost the usual. And as much as the heartbreak tore her apart, she still loved him with all of her.

The bed was so cold without him there at night. She would just there, her head softly against the pillow, as she just stared right at the empty space beside her. The blankets would be pulled up to her chin, and tears would fall right on the sheets. Another night, she thought. Lately he hasn't been coming home, and that was what she knew was different.

Did he love her as much as she did? Did he still feel the same fire that ripped through them as their lips touched? Or was he just stuck on the thought that he was supposed to be for her, and he would love her.

She gulped at the sound of his voice lingering on her mind, and shut her eyes as a tear trickled down her cheek. Her body flipped over, and she glanced over to the clock to check what time it was and if it had been too late for Shawn to come home. It was already passed midnight, and she knew he would leave in the morning which meant no time for her to talk to him. God, she just wanted him. To feel the rush of her heart melting at the sight of him. She wanted to touch him again, and place her cold lips to his warm ones, even after all the nights that she was alone in their bedroom.

Minutes passed, and Camila was so done with everything he had out her through. The door opened, the girl laying peacefully on the bed jumping at the sudden sound. There he was, a guitar in his hand and his backpack slung on his shoulder. They just stared at each other and communicated from looks and facial expressions. Camila was so worried of what he would say to her, and if it would crush her to pieces.

"Hey," he said, making her heart flutter at the sound of his voice talking to her for what had seemed like forever. "I um, I thought you would be asleep—you know. I'll just—sleep in the other room if you feel uncomfortable."

She shook her head, brushing a strand of her hair behind her ear as she scooted up from her position on the bed, with now her hair pressing against the headboard. "No, stay."

"Camila, we haven't—"

"I know, just ... please. I want you to be here with me again, a—and .. I just .. I want you here next to me." She chewed on her bottom lip, her eyes becoming a bit glossy.

His heart could break any second, seeing the poor girl sitting in front of him. He knew she was tired, and sad. Shawn just wanted to fix her so bad, from everything he did to her. It was all because of him. She was so vulnerable and weak, and she could just fall apart. Sleepless nights were so common.

"Alright, if you want it." A short smile brightened up his face, as he tugged on the ends of his shirt and pulled it off. A small (and hopefully unnoticed) gasp escaped Camila's lips as he saw him shirtless in front of her, displaying the abs that he knew would make her drool and fall head over heels again. Unfortunately, he heard it and hid the small smirk under his smile.

He was already wearing joggers, which made no reason for him to change them again. Plus, if she had seen him in his boxer briefs—there wouldn't be a chance she'd make it the day after. All day he had spent in the studio, trying to think of things that would help grow their relationship again—but all he thought about was her. How she felt, tasted, and every other thing that he fell in love with in his high school years.

The tired, lonely boy snuggled up against her, shivers running down his spine from the relaxation she had given him whenever she had touched him.

"I missed you," she croaked, her hand laying flat against his stomach. Lord, he was falling apart. The things he did to her, he could never forgive himself. Tears blanketed his eyes, and they were threatening to spill any second. "You just—never seem to be home lately, and I miss you so much. I thought you would leave me, actually." He swallowed, feeling the taste of his slip down his throat. "I .. I love you. A lot. And I don't want this to end. You are the only thing on my mind, Shawn. And even if you're away for ninety three percent of the day," she exhaled. "I .. still want you."

"You're my light. And without you, it's complete darkness."