022 | a slight shift pt. 2

C A M I L A

To the fellow birds out there on the ledge of my window, please get off. Their chriping had annoyed me, and I couldn't bare any more with the noises. I groaned, and tried getting off of the bed but an arm was wrapped around my body. My head turned to the right, seeing a snoring Shawn tucked under the sheets with his shirt off and his hair messed up. I smiled, ruffling the soft brown hair. I carefully unwrapped his arm and opened the window, shooing the birds off.

"Mila?" Shawn called out my name, his deep voice still making its way to flutter my heart like he did when we were in High School. "What were you doing?" He crawled back into the bed, his head pressed against the white pillows.

"Annoying birds," I replied. "How did you get here? Hailee left without telling me."

"Oh, she left a note." He pointed to the dresser. I nodded, walking towards the old, mirrored dresser with the pretty frames sitting atop of it. Before I got any closer, Shawn took ahold of my arm and smirked. "But, we have other things to do, am I right Mrs. Mendes?"

God, he had that effect on me still. I crawled on the bed, making my way to stradlle his hips and lean in to get a taste of his lips. I don't lie, I still love him even though he did terrible things to me. I just couldn't let go.

Our lips were merely apart, and I felt his breath take a hitch and groan when I pressed harder against him, wanting to hear him make that sound again. I wanted to tangle my hands in his hair—to get lost in wherever he wanted me to. I wanted to love him again. I missed him, I truly did.

A shiver ran through my body like a river when he pressed his lips to mine, his nails digging into my hips. I ran my hands along his biceps, before reaching out and caressing his sides. Oh damn, what just happened.

"Shawn," I said, my breath becoming slow, as he placed the kisses along my neck. "please—I want you."

"Lord, Mila—you can't say stuff like that, it gets me so-"

The words were cut off with a buzz from the nightstand, which I figured was his phone. Undoubtedly, I was going to hurt the person who interrupted our intense makeout session.

I clutched the phone in my hand, earning a slight groan from Shawn as I reached to get his soon to be broken phone.

"Ugh," I rolled my eyes, reading the texts out loud annoyingly.

At first, I didn't know what I was reading. I mumbled the words quietly before looking at Shawn, his hand still fisted into my shirt and my panties inevitably noticable. I gulped, feeling the unwanted tears slip down my cheeks. "Sh-Shawn?"

He bit his lip, not knowing what to say. I turned my face, breathing slowly as I thought about everything. My legs were still on either side of him, still having the burning touch of his kisses placed along my neck. "Everything . . everything was just . . was just a lie?"

The slap of reality hit me like a bus, and everything was a blur. "A-All the nights you were in the studio—were just plain hookups with . . her?" I stirred in my words, my eyes stinging from the threatening tears willing to spill over my cheeks. "Was I not good enough for you?"

I should have known. Pregnancy may have made my body change, but I didn't know that it would change so much in order for him to have affairs with anyone else. I mean, I was a little self conscious about my body, but never in front of him.

Licking my lips, I looked back at Shawn. Draping my leg off of him, I slipped my leggings and hoodie back on, disgust at the thought of him still lingering on my mind. I kiss his lips—the ones that had just been placed on others.

I swallowed hard, the pain built up inside of me. "You . . cheated on me."

"Baby-"

"No. . just let me think."

Thoughts rushed everywhere, and hell went loose.

Closing my eyes, I felt the pair of hazel ones looking at me. "Once you screw a relationship, there's no point in going back."

And with that, I left the house with Maya in my hands and a suitcase filled with clothes and everything I needed while I would stay in Hailee's apartment for a while.

I left with my dignity leaving behind.

I left without saying goodbye.

-------------

oh ma god guys

gotta fly