012 | thin walls

C A M I L A

We layed under the tree, hands locked, and hearts apart. His steady heartbeat kept me calm, and even though I couldn't hear it, I knew it was beating for me. Shawn glanced at me for a few seconds, and looked back.

I silently stood up, and bit my lip, hands shaking. "Camila, what's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked, doing the same. I nodded.

"I'm fine . . it's just . . I need some time alone." I sighed, shrugging. His face slowly formed a frown, which immediately brought me back to the ground.

"What the hell is wrong?" Shawn angrily yelled, only for me to hear. I stepped back, and my eyes widened. "I do everything for you, and you can't even bare to tell me what's going on? I'm your boyfriend! You treat me like someone who isn't! You hide things for me, and now I'm starting to wonder if dating you was a mistake."

I gulped, and waited for him to continue.

"I do the most in this relationship, regardless of your bullsh-t you put me through. I can't believe you! After everything I've done for you, you can't even tell me why you're sad? Do you even realize that I love you? Camila, I love you! And I want to take care of you!" He cried, pouring his feelings out.

Am I that self-centered?

I pursed my lips together, and licked my chapped lips. "Well Shawn, If I keep hiding things from you, then you should find another girl. Find another girl who isn't so selfish like I am, find another girl who can do better than me. Just go on ahead. I'd rather have you hurt me than I hurt you."

He stayed silent.

"So this is how we're ending? Because of me, huh? It's always gotta be me." I looked down, tears forming in my eye. "Just a broken little teenager."

"That wasn't my point-"

"Then what the hell was? Shawn, I can't tell you these things because I don't want to hurt you! I freaking care about you, and I don't want me to be the reason you're holding back on things. Just let me go. It'll be good for the both of us." I sighed, shaking my head.

And just like that, he walked away.

Ever. So. Suddenly.

----

I AM SO SORRY I HAVE BEEN MIA LAYELY UGH I hATE ScHOOL

and btw

go follow @/shawmila on instagram bc THEIR EDITS ARE SO GOOD HOLLA CRAP

ANYWAYS I LOVE YOU AND BYE