018 | cuddle with me

a/n: dedicated to @menzyharp. Thank
you for suggesting the imagine!

T H I R D P E R S O N

There she layed, the coldness of her room, fighting against the warmth of her skin that only protected her from the winter storm that had brewed up a few days ago. Canada, you are one big oreo milkshake, she thought. Nothing in her mind made sense—and it was mainly because of the virus that had entered from the cold city of Toronto. She was inevitably bored, sniffling and coughing every minute.

She missed her snuggle buddy, and he missed her too. He was stuck at work, making songs that would undoubtedly make it to number one. Silence was slowly killing her, and time couldn't get any slower. Lately, she hasn't been herself much ever since her boyfriend had to stay late at night for work.

Usually, anytime Shawn would come home is when she was asleep, with soft snores escaping those plump pink lips of hers. It was already past eleven o'clock, and she was falling asleep, closer and closer to resting her head onto the pillow. But just before she did, Shawn opened the door and ran upstairs—only to see her lying on the bed with her lips pressed together in a thin line.

He heavily sighed, stripping his blue shirt off along with his black pants. Camila's eyes fluttered open as he yet to put on his pajama pants. After he finished slipping his shirt on, she sighed, looking at his pale figure.

"Shawn?" She called out, making him turn around and widen his eyes. She gulped, struggling to let out the words she never wanted to say. "Why are you home so late?"
He didn't want to look at her. He didn't want to see the eyes of her that he once loved—even though he still loved her—with all of his broken heart.

"I'm so, so sorry baby," He croaked, his voice cracking as tears managed to blanket his eyes, making them glossy. "I know I messed up, a-and—"

"Please j-just lay here with me," She knitted her eyebrows together.

He immediately nodded, slipping under the covers with her. She wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head on his chest. His arm was raveled around her shoulder, hugging her close—almost as if she was leaving the next day. He kissed her forehead and left a trail of kisses on her neck, claiming her.

"I love you, I love you." He whispered, humming a lullaby he always played for her.

And with that—he sweared that he heard her mumble an, I love you too.