015 | treat you better

S H A W N

S H A W N

I haven't heard the grace in her voice since months ago, and I couldn't see the smiles that she had curved on her face anymore. Never thought that I'd been the one to cause all of this, and I didn't want to. She was slipping out of my reach, and I could never let that happen. I felt so selfish, but at the same time; I felt like I was doing the right thing.

"Camila," I breathed out softly. "where are you going?" I asked, kneeling on the bed. She looked back, her mouth curved down, frowning.

"Shawn, I'm leaving." She said, her eyebrows scrunching.

My lips formed an 'o' shape, and parted. "Why? Why are you leav - leaving me? I thought you cared about me, I thought we loved each other!" I bit my lip, my nose stinging from the tears that were threatening to fall. "I thought you loved me."

"Shawn, I do. It's just that these past months have been absolute hell for us, and I don't want to continue it." She said, tears falling from her eyes to her pale cheeks. I knew she was going to do this, but I always thought that I'd be leaving. It always happens in movies and cheesy stories, so that's what I had seemed to believe. "You deserve someone who will treat you better."

"You deserve someone who will give you the things I never could."