Chapter Twenty-One

What have I done? I can't believe I said all of that! What has gotten into me? Will I be able to fix this?
Questions rushed through my head as I laid on the couch staring at the ceiling. I really fucked up. I just hope Colby is ok. What I said was petty rude and if someone said that to me I would hate them forever. Oh my god what if what I said makes Colby cut? I know this will. I need to apologize now!
I rush to his house and ring the doorbell.
"What?"Colby asks.
"I c-came here to apologize,"I say.
"No need. You said that we should just stay friends but I don't even think we should be that,"he says.
"But Colby,""No Grace just let me think for awhile ok?"
"Ok,"I mumble,"I'll just leave now."
He shuts the door without saying anything. I stay there just staring at the door for awhile.
How will I fix this?
Colby's POV
I'm ok. I really am... stop lying to yourself.
After Grace left my heart broke. I know that I left her earlier but I wanted to stay. I was going to go back but I didn't and I wish I did. When she came over I was so happy but I tried not to show it. I just need some time away from here.
I decided to pack up some clothes and other things I may need. I out everything in my car. I left my mom a note saying that I needed time away from here.
Once I'm all ready I start driving. This is what I need time away from everything. I don't know how long I'll be gone or where I'm going but this is for the best.
Grace's POV
I felt so empty. I needed some to talk to but the one person I want to talk to is the one person I can't and I hated it. I haven't done much of anything today besides mope. I haven't watched any tv since Colby left. I've just stared at random things and thought about life. My horrible and meaningless life.
A couple of hours have passed and I still haven't done anything. I was laying on the couch and then the doorbell rings. It was Colby's mom.
"Hi,"I say.
"Grace, I have bad news,"she says.
"What?"I ask.
"Colby has left,"she says.
"Left? Where?"I ask.
"I don't know,"she whispers.
I felt my heart begin to race and I felt shaky.
"W-what?"I stutter.
"He's done this before and when he did it took him weeks to come back home. When he came back he did not look to well,"she explains.
"Why did he leave?"I ask while tearing start to form.
"Well he said that he needed time to think about things and needed to be alone,"she says.
"Oh. But how come you don't seemed worried?"I ask.
"It's because I know that he will be safe. He don't do anything and he know how to take care of himself. But I still am worried it's just that I trust him,"she explains.
"Ok I just hope that he'll be ok,"I say.
"He will be don't worry too much,"she says in a calming tone.
"Thanks for telling me,"I say. She nods then walks off and I close the door. I lean against it and start crying. Why would he leave? It's all your fault Grace, it's all your fault!
The door opens and it hits my head.
"Ow!"I yell.
"Oh sorry Grace,"I hear a familiar voice say. I turn around to see my mom.
"Mom,"I say still crying and hug her.
"What's wrong?"she asks.
"My best friend ran away from home and it's all my fault,"I cry.
"What?"she asks.
"It's all my fault,"I repeat.
"In sure it's not,"she whispers.
"Yes it is!"I shout.
"Shh calm down,"she says.
"I- I can't,"I stutter.
"Yes you can. Let's go sit on the couch and talk ok?"she says.
"Ok,"I reply while wiping away tears.
"Ok so tell me how you think this is your fault?"she asks as we sit down.
"I don't think it's my fault I know it is,"I say.
"Ok just tell me,"she says.
"Ok so we got in a fight earlier and I said somethings that I shouldn't have said,"I say.
"What did you say?"she asks.
"It's about something I can't really talk about,"I say.
"Ok I understand but I don't think he would runaway because of the fight,"she says.
"Then what would it be?"I ask.
"I don't know but I know that it's not the fight. Just think,"she says then walks out of the room.
Ok Grace think.
Colby's POV
I haven't driven far and I was already regretting leaving. But I do need this, I do. I decided to find somewhere to stay. I didn't have a lit of money but I'm sure I have enough for at least one hotel.
After a couple of hours driving I was too tired to continue driving. I pull into a hotel and get a room. I bring all of things in and get ready for the night.
I got into bed and went on my phone I looked through my photos of Grace that she didn't know I took. I already missed her. Maybe I could at least text her.
Me:Hey
Grace:Hi...
Me:I'm sorry I didn't say bye
Grace:It's ok but I hope you're safe
Me:Trust me I am
Grace:I want to see you
Me:I know but I'll be home soon
Grace:No I mean now
Me:I'm sorry
Grace:Please come back I'm really sorry for what I said
Me:I know. I wish I expected your apology earlier today.
Grace:It's ok. Will you tell me where you are please?
Me:I'm at a hotel
Grace:Which one?
Me:I think it's a Holiday Inn a few hours away but I don't know the city or anything
Grace:Ok I'm going to find you
Me:No you have school
Grace:I don't care I want to be with you right now
Me:I know but I'm not important enough for you to miss school
Grace:Yes you are
Me:Whatever you say but just stay home
Grace:No I'm going to pack some things now and then I'm going to go look for you. I talk to you later byeee
Me:Ok I guess I'll see you soon
She didn't text back. I was excited to see her but she probably won't find me. But I hope she does. I can't wait for us to be friends again.
____________________________
So a lot happened in the chapter but I hope it was good! Please comment and vote.