Chapter Eight

I heard my alarm going off. I was about to reach over and turn it off but Colby's grip on my waist kept me from being about to turn around.
"Colby,"I say,"Colby!"I try to get out of his grip but that makes him hold me even tighter,"Colby we have to get to school."
"I don't want to,"he moans lazily.
"We have to. My mom will never trust me again if I don't go,"I say.
"She doesn't have to know,"he says.
"I can't lie to my mom,Colby we have to get up now!"I yell.
"No I want to stay here I'm too tired,"he groans.
"I'm tired too but we still have to go to school,"I say trying to conceive him to get up.
"You can go I'm not,"he says.
"You have to it's the law unless you're sick,"I say.
"I'm sick,"he fake coughs.
"No you're not,"I roll my eyes,"at least let go of me."
"Fine,"he says letting me go.
"Thank you,"I say.
"Mhm,"he hums closing his eyes.
"Colby you have to go,"I say.
"No I'm siiiick,"he moans,"I already told you."
"Liar,"I say crossing my arms.
"I'm not a liar...ok sometimes I lie but only if I have a good reason,"he says.
"Ok so then what's your reason for lying right now?"I ask raising an eyebrow.
"I'm lazy,"he says.
"That's not a good reason,"I state.
"Yes it is,"he says.
"No it's not,"I sass.
"Ok well that's not the reason but I'm not telling you the real one,"he says.
"Why?"I asks.
"It's stupid I don't wanna tell you,"he says.
"Please I need to know,"I say.
"No you don't,"he says sternly.
"Please,"I pout.
"Fine I'll tell you. Sit down first,"he says,"Ok so the reason why I wasn't able to sleep last night was because I kept having a dream that the bulling at school just got worse and worse everyday. So now I don't ever want to show my face on that school ever again,"he says.
"Please tell me you didn't cut,"I say worried.
"I-I well...yes,"he mumbles.
"Colby!"I yell,"Don't keep doing this to yourself."
"I'm sorry,Grace I can't help it,"he cries.
"I just can't believe this,"I whisper.
"Why?"he asks.
"Well I noticed that you had stopped cutting and I thought you were done for good but I guess not,"I say.
"I'm sorry it's the only way it makes me feel better,"he whimpers while still crying.
"How? I mean you wanted people to not keep calling you a freak but you don't do anything to fix it!"I shout.
"I know I'm such a damn screw up,"he whispers.
"No you're not,"I say hugging him.
"Yes I am I keep messing things up for,"he says.
"No you don't,"I say. He doesn't say anything. We keep hugging until he stops crying,"Well it's too late to get to school now."
"I'm sorry I didn't mean for this to happen,"he whispers.
"It's ok. I'm glad you're ok too, just please try to stop cutting for me, it scares me,"I say.
"I'll try,"he says.
"Thank you,"I say,"So what are we going to do today then?"
"I dunno we could watch a movie, go somewhere, or sleep all day,"he suggests.
"Well I guess I could get a little more sleep," I say getting back into bed. Colby wraps his arms around me like last night and I instantly fall asleep.
Colby's POV
I watch as Grace falls asleep. She looked so peaceful and beautiful. It made me wonder how she's never have a boyfriend or anything. I looked down at her lips which were parted open slightly.Those lips. Those lips are what I hope to soon kiss. I hear her soft breaths which make me feel a little sleepy. I then look at her silky,long blonde hair. I move the arm that is a the top of her waist to her hair and start playing with it gently. After awhile of admiring her my eyes get heavy and I fall sleep.
***
I woke up and noticed Grace was still sleeping. I looked over at her alarm clock and it was only 12:00. I was hungry but I didn't want to go through Grace's kitchen or wake her. I stayed there until she finally woke up.
"Well look who's finally awake,"I joke.
"Shut up,"she says.
"Are you hungry?"I ask.
"Yeah why are you?"she asks.
"Yeah I've been waiting for you to wake up so I could eat,"I say.
"You didn't have to,"she yawns.
"But I wanted to,"I say.
"Ok I guess we can go downstairs then,"she says sitting up rubbing her eyes.
"Ok,"I say getting up. We walk downstairs and get lunch.
"So what do you want to do after this?"she asks.
"We could always make out,"I smirk.
"Ugh no stop saying things like that,"she groans. I don't know why she said that she doesn't like me more than a friend. It sometimes so obvious but she won't admit it.
"Come one Grace I know you like me,"I say.
"As a friend yes,"she says.
"No I mean more,"I say.
"No I don't,"she blushes.
"All right whatever you say,"I smirk.
After we finish eating we watch a movie. We decided to watch The Forest. This wasn't Grace's pick,since she hated scary movies, but I convinced her to watch it. We laid down on the couch and I put one arm around her. As the movie went on Grace got more and more scared. Every time something happens she would hide her face. It made me feel like I was the only thing that could protect her and I loved it.
Grace's POV
I hated this movie so much it was too scary for me. I can't stand scary movies or anything scary for that matter. I get scared way too easily. As the movie was coming to an end I heard the the front door open. Oh shit!
"Grace?"I heard someone say.
____________________________
Hey hope you enjoyed this chapter! It was really fun to write.