Chapter Eleven

Colby's POV
I woke up as soon as my alarm went off. Lately I've felt like I actually had a purpose to get up very since I met Grace. She makes my day a whole lot better whenever I see her. I know I shouldn't be thinking about her like this since we're just friends but I just wish we could be more but I don't want to rush anything and like she said before she'll always only like me as a friend. I haven't cut as much as I used to either which I'm very glad about. But sometimes people and I things get to me and I end up cutting. Now I know I told Grace that I would try to stop cutting but I haven't stopped since she said that but that wasn't that long ago so I could stop soon. It's just very hard for me though. I just hope she doesn't find out.
Grace's POV
I got ready pretty quickly today. I was eager to get to school and see Colby. It was really nice having something to look forward to at school instead of dreading the bullying all day. The bullying hasn't been too bad. Just getting called things is what it's pretty much down to now. It used to be constant beatings... like 3 a day. But no one has even touched me and I don't understand why. Maybe they're afraid of my for some reason now... haha I crack myself up.
Colby and I walked go school and talked about random things. Ive been having the greatest time with Colby lately and I never want it to end. I hope neither of us move or anything I would probably kill myself if that happened (not literally I'm just overdramatic).
"So how has bullying been for you?"I ask as we walk into the school.
"It's still pretty bad I still get beat up and people still call my things,"he says.
"Ugh I hate people to be honest. I just wish they would all die and only have it be is two,"I say.
"That wouldn't be fair to the people who don't hurt or do anything to other people,"he points out.
"True,"I says.
"But anyways how has bullying been for you,"he asks.
"Not bad it's just name calling now,"I say opening my locker.
"Lucky I wish I was you sometimes,"he says.
"Nah I have other problem that you wouldn't like at all,"I laugh.
"Yeah but still,"he says.
"So has your bullying affected you enough to cut yourself?"I ask.
"Umm... n-no,"he stutters.
"Are you lying to me,"I ask closing my locker.
"Uh no,"he says nervously.
"Colby please tell me the truth,"I say.
"Ok fine yes I've cutted a few more times but there aren't that bad,"he whispers.
"Let me see,"I demand.
"Fine,"he mumbles pulling up his sleeve. They looked really painful. They were extremely red and they were pretty deep cuts. I ran my thumb across one of them and Colby whimpers.
"Colby these are bad. Have you cleaned them out or anything?"I ask.
"N- no,"he whispers.
"Colby I don't like you doing these kinds of things to yourself it hurts me,"I say.
"I know I've tried but I just can't,"he says ashamed while looking down at his feet.
"Colby I don't know if I should be friends with a liar and someone who I care about but keeps hurting himself,"I whisper.
"Please Grace I'm sorry,"he says staring into my eyes.
"I just don't know,"I say walking away and heading to class. But Colby grabs my arm and I look at him.
"Please your my only friend here and you know it. I need you in my life Grace, I need you,"he says with tears running down his face.
"I'll think about it,"I say getting out of his grip and walking away. When I'm pretty far down the hall away I turn around and seeing Colby just standing there still crying. I ignored the urge to go over and hug him and I went to class.
Colby's POV
I can't believe that happened. I thought we were going to always be friends and it's all my fault. It's all of your fault dumbass, it's all your fault. Suddenly I started to feel very sick. I ran down to the office and asked if I could call my mom to pick me up since they won't let you leave by yourself.
When I got home I went straight to my room and got my blade.
"You. Fucking. Screw. Up. It's. All. Your. Fucking. fault,"I made a cut for each word. I put down the blade and laid down crying. I mess up everything I shouldn't even exist.
Grace's POV
I haven't seen Colby in the halls or anywhere else. I don't know if he went home but I really hope not I want to talk to him. I walked into the class with him in it but didn't see him there. Maybe he's just late.
The class ended and Colby never came in. I hope nothing happened to him I mean I was a little hard on him but I was so pissed. I just want him to be safe and not go through what I did.
I hurried home and into my room. I went to the window hoping I could see him but his blinds were closed. I decided to go over to his house.
"Oh hi Grace!"his my answers.
"Hi umm can I talk to Colby?"I ask.
"He's not here,"she says.
"What?"
____________________________
Cliffhanger! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. To be honest I almost cried when Colby said that he needed Grace and all that stuff and I wrote this! I know I'm a weakling.