Chapter Eighteen

Grace's POV
I woke up to my alarm going off. Ugh Monday. I get out of bed slowly and walk over to my closet. I pick out my clothes and get dressed.
Once I'm ready I go downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and get breakfast. As I was eating the door bell rings.
"Ugh,"I groan rubbing my eyes. I open the door to reveal Colby.
"Hey,"he says putting his hands in his pockets.
"Hi,"I say.
"Are you ready to go to school?"he asks.
"I just have to finish eating,"I say,"You can come in and wait if you want."
"Ok,"he says and walks in then sits on the couch.
"I'll only be a few more minutes,"I say walking into the dining room to finish my breakfast.
Once I'm finished I go into the living room.
"Ready?"I ask Colby.
"Yup,"he says getting up.
We walk to school talking about random things like usual.
When we walked into the school no one said anything to us... weird.
"I think people are finally afraid of us,"Colby jokes.
"Ha yeah right. What would make us so scary?"I ask.
"I dunno,"he shrugs.
"Maybe they're planning when they're going to beat the shit out of us,"I joke.
"Probably,"he chuckles.
"I guess we should change out names and move to Mexico so they can never find us,"I laugh.
"Ok let's plan out escape after school,"he says.
"Ok meet me in the park at 6:00 tonight,"I say.
"Wow we are dumb,"he chuckle.
"Says you,"I sass,"For your information I'm acing all of my classes are you?"
"No I have C's and D's,"he says.
"Wow, you are dumb,"I joke.
"Wow, you are dumb,"he mocks and I just roll my eyes.
"Whatever I'm going to class,"I say.
"Don't forget about your things,"he says.
"Oh right,"I say.
"Guess I'm not the dumb one after all,"he smirks.
"Mhm,"I hum as I walk up to my locker and open it. I grab my things and go to class with Colby walking with me.
"Colby you know you're not in this class right,"I say.
"I know. I guess I'll see you later,"he says then walks out of the classroom.
All of my classes go by fast.
I walk into the class with Colby in it but he wasn't there. He's going to be here later I know that for a fact.
It's been 10 minutes into the class and he still wasn't here. Be patient Grace he's going to be here.
The class ended and Colby never came in. I searched for him in the halls but he was no where to be found. I walked into the office to ask if he left early or something.
"Mr.Zay did Colby Brock leave early?"I ask the principle.
"That's information that you don't need to  know,"he says.
"But-""No buts now is that's all you needed then you can leave now,"he interrupts. I leave without saying anything and decide to just go home.
I call Colby but he didn't answer.
I walked over to his house and his mom answers the door. She seemed to be crying.
"Hi,"I say.
"Hi,"she tries to sound like she hasn't been crying.
"Can I talk to Colby?"I ask.
"N-no he's at t-the hospital,"she cries.
"Hospital but... but why?"I ask tears starting to form.
"He called me during school complaining about how bad his chest hurt and it was a little hard for him to breath. When he came home he was sweating and jumpy. Then all of sudden he has an anxiety attack it was so bad that I had to call an ambulance,"she explains.
"Will he be ok?"I ask.
"Of course but they are going to keep him in the hospital for three days so he can relax and have no stress on him,"she says.
"Do you think you could tell me the hospitals name so I can visit him?"I ask.
"Yes it's the Beaumont down the street,"she says.
"Ok thank you,"I smile.
"No problem,"she says.
"Well I'm going to go and visit him,"I say.
"Ok see you,"she says then shuts the door.
I run to the hospital. I walk in and see many patients. I spot the front desk and walk over to it.
"Hi can I help you?"the lady asks.
"Yes I'm here to visit Colby Brock,"I say.
"What's your relation?"she asks.
"Uh friend,"I say.
"I'm sorry but we only allow family members to visit,"she says.
"Please I need to see him,"I beg.
"I'm sorry but unless you're related I can't let you do that,"she says.
"Please,"I say tears streaming down my face.
"Ok I'll let you but if anyone asks you're his cousin,"she says.
"Thank you so much,"I say.
"His room number is 214,"she says.
"Ok thanks again,"I say then walk off.
I search for his room frantically.
I finally find it and go in. Colby's laying down and his eyes are closed. He looked so peaceful. I walk over to him and kneel next to him. I play with his hair until he wakes up.
"Hi,"he says with a raspy voice and smiles.
"Hi. Are you doing ok?"I ask continuing to play with his hair.
"I think so,"he says rubbing his eyes.
"I was worried about you,"I whisper.
"You were?"he asks.
"Mhm. I didn't see pretty much all day at school and that scared me,"I say.
"Well I'm doing ok so there's nothing to worry about now,"he says.
"I know,"I smile. He grabs one of my hands that was playing with his hair. He brings it down to his stomach and holds it. He closes his eyes and I smile. He opens them up again and looks at me.
"What?"he asks.
"Nothing,"I say.
"Hmm... can we cuddle?"he asks and I nod. The bed wasn't that small so it fit both of us. I leaned my head onto his shoulder and he leans his head against mine. Then he grabbed my hand again.
"This is nice,"I whisper.
"Mhm,"he hums and closes his eyes again.
We lay there for about twenty more minutes and I decided it was time for me to leave.
"Colby I'm going to go,"I say.
"No,"he groans.
"I have to get home,"I say.
"Why?"he asks.
"Because I have homework and it's a school night,"I say.
"Fine but come back tomorrow please,"he says.
"I will,"I smile. I get up and walk out of the room.
I get home and start on my homework right away.
I was really tired by the time I finished. I get ready for bed and close my eyes. I couldn't fall asleep because I'm worried about Colby. Why would he have an anxiety attack. He never told me he had anxiety and he didn't seem to have any symptoms.
I stop thinking about it and eventually fall asleep.
____________________________
Hey guys! Sorry for not updating anything interesting yesterday I was having bad writers block and I didn't get any ideas until like midnight and stayed up until like 3:30 writing this so I hope this is good.