Chapter Twenty

I woke up to my alarm going off. I turned it off and got out of bed right away. Today is the day Colby is coming back!
I quickly get dressed and run downstairs. As I walking walking into the kitchen I saw someone standing there. I looked more closely and noticed that it's... Colby! I run over to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He nuzzles his head into my neck and plants a soft kiss on it.
"What was that for?"I ask.
"No reason,"he smiles looking into my eyes. I was getting butterflies in my stomach.
"I'm so glad you're here,"I say.
"Me too,"he says then puts me down.
"Are you going to school?"I ask.
"No,"he says,"And neither are you."
"I have to,"I say.
"Please I just got back from the hospital,"he pouts.
"Let me call my mom to see if it's ok,"I say.
"Ok,"he says.
I get my phone and dial my moms number.
"Hello?"she answers.
"Hi mom, I was wondering if I could skip school today?"I ask nervously biting my lip.
"Why?"she asks.
"Well, Colby just got out of the hospital and wants to catch up,"I explain and she sighs.
"I guess,"she says.
"Thank you so much. I love you!"I say excited.
"Love you too. I gotta go now, I'll talk to you later,"she says then hangs up the phone.
"I can skip today,"I say walking into the room.
"Yeah,"Colby says clapping while jumping up and down.
"You're like a little girl,"I joke.
"I am not. I have the parts to prove it,"he says.
"You're Gross,"I say making a disgusted face.
"You love me,"he chuckles.
"I like you... as a friend,"I say.
"Sure,"he rolls his eyes.
"It's true!"I defend.
"Ok ok,"he says holding his hands up and backing away.
"So what are we going to do today?"I ask sitting down on the couch.
"Cuddle, watch TV, and talk,"he shrugs sitting down next to me.
"Ok we can do those things and maybe we'll think of other things too,"I say,"So what are we going to do first?"
"Cuddle and maybe talk,"he says laying down.
"Ok,"I say. I lay down facing him and he instantly wraps an arm around my waist.
"So what are we going to talk about?"I ask.
"I dunno,"he shrugs.
"Hmm..."I trail off and start playing with his hair,"How about you tell me why you never told me you have anxiety.
"Oh well I wanted to keep that a secret from everyone but my mom found out awhile ago. I mean who would want to be friends with someone who has depression and anxiety?"I says.
"Me,"I say.
"Yeah I know. That's why you're always going to be my friend,"he says holding me tighter.
"Good I don't know what I do without a friend in school,"I say.
"Oh so you only care about me because I keep you company at school?"he jokes.
"Yup that's why I'm so protective over you ,"I joke back.
"Well maybe I should just leave,"he huffs looking away from me.
"Fine!"I yell. Then there was complete silence between us and we both burst out laughing.
"Wow we are lame,"Colby laughs.
"Yup,"I giggle.
"I wish it was summer already,"he says.
"Same I'm already sick of school and it just started,"I say.
"Same,"he says.
"So umm... what are we going to talk about now?"I ask.
"I dunno,"he shrugs looking into my eyes. We sit there staring into each other's eyes in complete silence,"How about we talk about how beautiful you look right now.
"I- I do not,"I stutter and blush.
"But you do,"he whispers. Our lips are now inches away. Our lips were about to touch until his phone rings.
"Shit sorry I have to answer this,"he says getting up.
Were we seriously about to kiss?! Oh my gosh I can't believe I almost let that happen.
After awhile Colby walks back in.
"Who was that?"I ask.
"No one important,"he shrugs.
"Oh,"I mumble.
"I'm sorry my phone ruined the moment,"he apologizes.
"It's ok,"I say.
"No it's not I really wanted to kiss you but now the moments gone,"he says sitting down at the end of the couch and I sit up.
"It's ok seriously I didn't even really want to kiss you,"I say. Oh my god I shouldn't have said that.
"Y- you didn't,"he says disappointed while looking down at his lap.
"I didn't mean to say that,"I say.
"B-but you did,"he say looking at me.
"I know I did but I feel bad,"I say.
"It's fine but why didn't you want to kiss me?"he asks.
"I don't know,"I whisper,"I feel like it would be weird because we're friends and stuff."
Colby's POV
"I don't know,"Grace whispers,"I feel like it would be weird because we're friends and stuff."
Friends.
"Well I know but we don't have to be,"I say.
"I think it's best,"she says.
"Why?"I ask.
"Don't you think we would get even more bullied if people found out that we were dating?"she asks.
"Who cares about the bullying! You said that people have been leaving you alone for a long time now so why are you worried about it now?"I ask.
"And I don't want to be with someone who has depression and anxiety!"she shouts.
"But you'll be friends with them?"I ask.
"Well yeah,"she says.
"You said you didn't care that I had either of those things!"I yell.
"Only if I'm dating the person,"she says.
"Why?"I ask.
"Well since people know you have depression they could start bullying me again,"she says.
"Oh so this is all about you?"I ask clenching my fist.
"Well... I don't know,"she says.
"You know what it's fine I'll just leave,"I say getting up and walk over to the door. She was about to say something but I slammed the door before she could.
Grace's POV
What have I done?
____________________________
Surprise update! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I took my awhile to write so I hope it's good.