Chapter Nine

I didn't want to look behind me. I knew it was my mom and if she knew that I didn't go to school she would ground me for the rest of my life. The worse part is that Colby is here. I don't know what to do.
"Grace?"my mom says again.
I get up and turn to her,"Hi mom what are you doing here?"I ask as Colby hides under a blanket.
"What are you doing here? I know school hasn't got out yet,"she asks.
"Umm... I uh-ok if I tell you please don't get mad,"I say nervously.
"It depends on how bad this is,"she says.
"Ok well last night Colby came over and stayed the night. I know I'm not allowed to have guys sleep over but nothing happened. Ok so this morning we had a long conversation about something I'm not allowed to tell you and we lost track of time. I didn't think there was a point in going since we were going to be really late anyways,"I explain.
"Ok but why can't you tell me the thing you were talking about?"she asks crossing her arms.
"He doesn't want anyone to know,"I say.
"All right,"she says.
"So... does this mean I'm grounded?"I ask.
"No because you're normally pretty good about going to school so I won't this time but of you skip it again then I will,"she says.
"Thank you so much! Also, like I asked before what are you doing here?"I ask.
"My flight got cancelled today but I'm going to get one for tomorrow,"she explains.
"Oh ok,"I say.
"Yup, well I'm going to go take a nap,"she says walking towards the stairs. Colby sits up and I sit next to him.
"Wow your mom is cool. If that was my mom she would've grounded me,"he laughs.
"Yeah I was really surprised that she didn't,"I say.
"Yeah....so what do we do now?"he asks.
"I dunno we could go to the mall or something,"I shrug.
"I think we should stay here,"he says.
"Oh....ok?"I say. We sit there awkwardly until Colby brakes the silence.
"I guess we can go to mall,"he says.
"Ok,"I laugh. I write my mom a note telling her that I left.
"Let's go!"Colby says walking out of the house and I follow him.
____________________________
Short mall scene will be in the next chapter! Sorry for the kind of boring and short chapter.