» still «

Kiss you goodnight
And say I love you still

****
February 1, 2015
****

"This whole 'DeflateGate' thing is bogus," Sarah said disgustedly. She crossed her arms over her chest and faced the field. We got here early and the players weren't even warming up yet.

"It sucks that it happened now. It took away from the boys Super Bowl preparation," Olivia said. She rocked back and forth in her seat, swaying to get Sawyer to sleep.

"Right? They have enough to worry about with the biggest games of their lives and now you throw this on top of them," Sarah says. She was shaking her head as she eyes the field. "Kain and Scout, look who's out there," she says pointing towards the tunnel. Tom and Rob, followed by others, were finally coming on to the field. They stood out against the green turf with their white jerseys.

Tom pumped his fist in the air, cussing Olivia to let out a sigh of relief. He was ready. And it seemed like he out for revenge.

"Scout do you see him?" Olivia says pointing to Tom's current spot on the field.

"I do! I do see him mommy!" She said gleefully. She frantically waved down to her dad on the field. Olivia was suddenly thankful for telling Tom where they were sitting as he found them and waved. "Mommy! He's waving at me!" Scout jumped up and down ecstatically.  She blew her father a kiss and continued waving. Tom returned his daughter's affections and blew a kiss back. He didn't care that all of America was watching him, he wanted to show affection to his family. His attention was taken away from his daughter when his coach yelled at him to play catch and warm up.

Olivia kissed Sawyer's head as Scout marveled at her daddy on the field.

"Isn't everything so much more different since the last time we were here?" Sarah said reflecting. They were in this exact stadium the last time the Patriots made to to the Super Bowl.

"Yes! You were pregnant. Tom and I weren't even engaged yet. No kids. Just four girls hoping for a win," Olivia reminisced. It seemed so much more simple back then but she wouldn't trade her life for the world.

The National Anthem began by the flag being spread across the whole field. Olivia's skin filled with goosebumps from the Patriotic act. Cameras flashed players faces over the jumbo screen of the middle of the field. Tom's face looked determined and ready, not showing a hint of a smile.

The game kicked off and suddenly Olivia's nerves settled. She believed in Tom and his teammates to get the win.

• • •

"Oh my god. I knew it would be close but not this close," Olivia said chewing on her nail. The Seahawks were at the one yard line. Russell Wilson dropped back to pass.

INTERCEPTION!

"Scout! We won!" Olivia jumped up from her seat.

"Yay daddy!" Scout was clapping her hands.

Olivia turned to Sarah and pulled her in for a hug. Both of the women let out a sigh of relief. They were thankful they didn't have to give Rob and Tom the talk after losing. They were especially thankful for the unknown cornerback who made the play of the game.