» reasons «

I'm not a perfect person

****
September 12, 2014
****

Tom's way of making up to Olivia was to send her shopping with Sarah. Olivia was bothered that he thought he could just make it up to her by letting her spend money, but she would never turn down a shopping trip. Now that she was finally adjusted to life back in Boston, she thought it would be a good idea to finally bring the life back into their house. The walls were begging for accessories and the rooms were bare without all of their furniture. She could have just kept the old stuff, but wanted a fresh start.

Olivia and Sarah were strolling the streets of Boston and on their way to a small furniture boutique on the east side of the city. The fall winds were blowing full force, making the girls walk faster. "How was Tom after the game?" Sarah asked once they finally got in the warm of the boutique. Olivia shot her a glare. "That bad?" Sarah asked stifling a laugh.

"Well, he snapped at Scout right when he got home. She was so sad all she wanted to do was play. I felt so bad for my girl," Olivia said pouting. "And now I'm here shopping as his way of making it up to me."

"Rob was the same way. All I have to say is that they better not lose many more games, because I can't stand him when he is like that," Sarah said shaking her head. The girls walked down an aisle of the store lit up by lamps.

"How is Rob's knee?" Olivia asked. Her arms, crossed over her small chest, still had goosebumps from the chill.

"It's fine. I felt bad because he was expecting to be all the way back form recovery and he clearly wasn't," Sarah said.

"Hopefully, they can all get it together, because if that was any indication of the season, I'm out," Olivia said kidding even though she kind of meant it. Sarah laughed, she didn't know Olivia was somewhat serious. Olivia didn't marry Tom because he was a good football player, but because he was a good man. Unless they lost. And Olivia didn't sign up for a sometimes marriage. Marriage was full time, not just when he was happy. After losses he treated her awful. Olivia's phone began buzzing in her Coach purse. "One sec," she said walking away from Sarah. Tom and Scout's picture lit up across the screen. "Hello?" Olivia answered right before it went to voicemail.

"Hey Liv!" Tom said excitedly.

"What has you so happy?" Olivia asked, sensing the emotion in his voice.

"I hired a nanny!" Tom answered, his excitement not fading.

"You what?" Olivia replied, the anger in her voice more apparent than she originally thought.

"I hired a nanny!" Tom repeated the four words exactly as he had seconds before, not sensing Olivia's anger.

"We will talk about this when I get home," she spoke through gritted teeth. She hung up the phone angrily, wishing she had a flip phone that she could slam shut. Olivia smiled at a fellow shopper, to make herself look better. She went back to Sarah and tucked her phone back in her purse. "I have to go," Olivia said crossing her arms again.

"What? We just got here. Is everything okay?" Sarah asked with concern. She lightly touched Olivia's arm to offer her any kind of comfort.

"Yeah everything's fine," Olivia said tossing her back behind her toned shoulders. "Maybe we can meet up later," Olivia said before hugging Sarah goodbye.

"Let me know if you need anything. We will gladly take Scout for a play date if that's what you need," Sarah called after an already gone Olivia. She figured her and Tom were fighting, but her private friend wouldn't disclose any information.

Olivia drove back to their French style mansion rather quickly. She had a tendency to drive faster when se was upset. She pulled up to the house and took a deep breath before going in. Julian's car was in the driveway.

Olivia opened the door to see the guys tossing the football. "Hey Liv," Julian said perkily.

"Hi," Olivia snipped at him. "What were you thinking?" Olivia said shooting a glare at her husband.

Julian sensed the tone and instantly stopped tossing the ball. Julian was switching his glance between the married couple. Tom's forehead wrinkles in confusion as to the point his wife was getting to.

"Hey Scout! Why don't you come over and play at Uncle Jules house?" Julian yelled down the hallway. Scout came running out of her room and jumping into Julian's arms. Olivia kissed her goodbye. As the front door shut, Olivia threw her purse on the wooden floor.

"What's going on?" Tom asked going into the kitchen for a drink.

"You hired a nanny?!" Olivia began.

"Yeah?" Tom said confused. Olivia rushed to stand directly in front of the tall quarterback.

"Hi, I'm Olivia. Scout's MOM! Did it ever cross your mind that maybe I wanted some input on who the nanny would be?" Olivia asked.

"What's the big deal?" Tom asked annoyed.

"The big deal is that there is going to be a woman living in my house and watching my daughter that I've never met before," Olivia stated.

"You don't trust my opinion in caretaker?" Tom asked offended. "You know she's my daughter too. I only want what's best for her."

"What's best for her is us working together, which we clearly didn't do here Tom," Olivia said crossing her arms to show she meant what she was saying.

"Why do we need to work together if we trust each other?" Tom asked.

"This is a marriage and we are supposed to," Olivia said in a calmer voice. The argument hit a stopping point. "What does she look like?" Olivia finally asked. The question had been in the back of her mind since she first heard Tom say he hired a nanny.

"What does that matter?" Tom asked brushing it off.

"Answer the question," Olivia said sternly.

"I don't know. Blonde. Short," Tom answered, flustered.

"Is she pretty?" Olivia asked biting her cheek in fear of the answer.

"Do you really not trust me that much?" Tom asked. His heart felt like it had broken in to a million pieces. If his wife didn't trust him, then what was the point. Olivia stared blankly at him, trying to plan out her words carefully. The light in the kitchen was beginning to diminish as the sun was beginning to set over the trees in the window.

"It's not you that I don't trust. It's her," Olivia said. Tears unconsciously formed in her eyes as she ran out of the kitchen.

Please vote, follow, and comment! More interaction means quicker updates! 😁