» flee «

Say something I'm giving up on you

****
October 1, 2014
  ****

Tom just got off the plane back from the devastating loss in Kansas City and now he was back at the airport dropping Olivia off. The woman, who seemed so distant, was jetting off to New York. Tom thought about asking her to stay, but maybe time apart is what they needed. They needed something, neither of them knew what though.

Their problems weren't fixing themselves and not talking about them wasn't helping either. Olivia wouldn't talk to him about it. The other day when they came back from the doctors office he asked her if she was insecure in their relationship and she completely ignored him. How could they get back to the way things used to be, it they didn't communicate?

Olivia wandered around the house with a lost look in her eye the last couple of day. She felt like she didn't belong there, but she wasn't sure where she did belong. She completed her daily tasks, but with an emptiness in them. She treated Scout the same as always, but Tom was like a stranger.

They stood at the gate, waiting for the blonde woman to announce that Olivia could board the plane. They had agreed that Scout would stay with Tom while Olivia was away. "Scout, I'm going to miss you so much," Olivia said kissing her daughter's forehead. She brushed the curly hair out of her daughter's eyes with her fingers and gently tucked it behind her ear.

"I'll miss you mommy," Scout answered. She reached her arms out for Olivia and she gladly took her daughter into her arms.

"I'll be back soon. I promise," Olivia said kissing her again. Scout draped her tiny arms around Olivia's neck tightly. "You make sure daddy behaves while I'm gone, okay?" Olivia said. She looked to Tom with urgency in her eyes. This wasn't a message to Scout, it was a plea to Tom.

"Flight to JFK International Airport may now be boarded, the woman at her desk announced over the speaker. Olivia reluctantly handed Scout to Tom. She looked to her husband with blank eyes and a straight lips. She turned and walked towards the gate without saying goodbye to Tom. She desperately wanted to kiss him but couldn't bring herself to do it.

Tom opened his mouth to say something but closed it just as quickly. What could he say? He didn't know what could be said. He wasn't used to this distance. They were standing right next to each other moments ago, but never felt so far apart.

Scout energetically waved to her mother as she disappeared down the tunnel leading to the plane. "Ready to go?" Tom asked turning on his heels. Scout nodded sadly, she was sad to see her mom leave.

Tom drove the long distance from the airport back to their nearly empty house. Besides Chloe. Scout was sleeping in the backseat, due to the long car ride. Olivia was skeptical of Chloe, but Tom didn't understand why. The girl was good with Scout and allowed Tom and Olivia to have more alone time. Of course, they hadn't had much alone time lately because they'd been fighting so much. Tom sighed as he pulled the key out of the ignition. He sat there contemplating everything that was going on in his life. His diminishing relationship with Olivia. The new baby on the way. The nanny debacle. His not so great start to the football season. The only thing he could depend on right now was Scout.

The Patriots were 2-2 right now. They just got blown out by the Chiefs and people were doubting whether Tom Brady even deserved to be the starting quarterback. Usually his wife would cheer him up and tell him it was just the beginning of the season and that it would get better. Tom could almost hear her saying it. But she didn't say it. She didn't say much of anything lately. She mostly nodded her head and bit her lip.

Tom finally got out of the car and carefully removed his sleeping daughter from the car seat. He laid her on his chest and she nuzzled her head into his shoulder. Tom walked up the stone walkway and futzed with the doorknob. His hand were full of Scout and he couldn't see past her.

"There you guys are!" Chloe said excitedly. She pulled at her shirt as she made herself visible in the entryway. Tom put a finger to his lips, signaling that Scout was sleeping. The gorgeous girl tiptoed her way to the father daughter duo. "I'll put her in her room," Chloe said. Her hand brushed past Tom's and gave him a chill. He didn't want the tingling to happen, but it did. Chloe must have felt it too. She blushed at Tom. Tom quickly adverted his eyes away from her.

"I'm going to be in my office. I have to watch some film," Tom said making his exit swiftly. The man hated himself for thinking that way of Chloe. But she looked at him like he was important, like he meant something to her, like he was needed. Olivia used to look at him like that but hadn't in so long. He walked down the staircase that was adorned with Patriots memorabilia. Tom got to his office and shut the door. He leaned up against it, trying to clear his head. You love Olivia, not Chloe. You are married to Olivia, not Chloe. Chloe is too young. Chloe is too naive. You built this life with Olivia. Don't throw it away you dumbass. But Chloe is gorgeous and gives me the attention I want. Chloe needs me.

Tom stood in the office just pacing, never once looking film. What was he thinking? Maybe Olivia wasn't the one insecure in their relationship, maybe he was. There was a light knock on the door. Tom jumped, he was too lost in his own thoughts to realize that the real world still existed. He opened it and the petite and beautiful Chloe appeared in the frame. Her bright blue eyes looked at Tom. Tom's knees became weak. His heart began beating. Chloe bit her lip and moved closer to Tom. Tom gulped, he tried backing up but he ran into his desk. Chloe was inches from his face now.

Don't do it Tom. Don't do it. He thought.

Chloe looked down, then looked back up fluttering her eyelashes.

Don't do it Tom. Don't do it. Now he heard Olivia saying it.

But he didn't have to do it. Chloe did it. She pressed her lips against his. There was a spark in the kiss, that Tom hadn't felt in a long time. He couldn't think his brain was foggy. He'd be lying if he said he didn't enjoy it, he missed being wanted.

"Daddy?"

****
😱😱😱😱
Same goal as last time. Let me know what you think!